Fairy Liquid hires children's food guru Annabel Karmel
Procter & Gamble brand Fairy Liquid has appointed Annabel Karmel, the children's cookery book author and TV cook, as its ambassador in an effort to reinforce its long-running family message.
The partnership involves a sponsorship of Karmel's new TV series, Annabel's Kitchen, which encourages parents and children to cook together. The 30-episode series will run on CiTV and ITV1.
As brand ambassador, Karmel will appear at retail events and in 10 exclusive 'webisodes' of Annabel's Kitchen for the Fairy Liquid website and Facebook page.
Fairy Liquid's sponsorship includes branded idents for the TV show, banners on Karmel's website and a branded print run of her latest book.
Idents around each episode will show Karmel using Fairy tablets when loading up a dishwasher.
Sponsorship bumpers or idents are regulated by Ofcom and covered by the Broadcasting Code, which states that sponsorship credits must be distinct from editorial content.
Regulation of TV advertising is controlled by the Broadcast Committee of Advertising Practice. Rules concerning the appearance of artists in ad breaks around their own programming was recently relaxed for adult audiences, but not children's shows.
P&G said that the Fairy idents had been approved by ITV Compliance in line with Ofcom regulations.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton
- Senior Sales Execuitve - Ad Technology Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency