Fairy Liquid hires children's food guru Annabel Karmel
Procter & Gamble brand Fairy Liquid has appointed Annabel Karmel, the children's cookery book author and TV cook, as its ambassador in an effort to reinforce its long-running family message.
The partnership involves a sponsorship of Karmel's new TV series, Annabel's Kitchen, which encourages parents and children to cook together. The 30-episode series will run on CiTV and ITV1.
As brand ambassador, Karmel will appear at retail events and in 10 exclusive 'webisodes' of Annabel's Kitchen for the Fairy Liquid website and Facebook page.
Fairy Liquid's sponsorship includes branded idents for the TV show, banners on Karmel's website and a branded print run of her latest book.
Idents around each episode will show Karmel using Fairy tablets when loading up a dishwasher.
Sponsorship bumpers or idents are regulated by Ofcom and covered by the Broadcasting Code, which states that sponsorship credits must be distinct from editorial content.
Regulation of TV advertising is controlled by the Broadcast Committee of Advertising Practice. Rules concerning the appearance of artists in ad breaks around their own programming was recently relaxed for adult audiences, but not children's shows.
P&G said that the Fairy idents had been approved by ITV Compliance in line with Ofcom regulations.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Partnerships and Affiliates Manager Stopgap £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Project Communications Manager Advanse €60,000 - €70,000 + bonus+ benefits + relocation , Amsterdam
- Lead Digital Designer Propel £45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, West London
- Senior Designer Purple Consultancy £38000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show