Giffgaff viral campaign urges mobile phone unlocking
By Ed Owen, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 19 April 2011 08:30AM
O2 pay-as-you-go subsidiary Giffgaff has launched a series of videos on its Facebook page aimed at debunking myths about unlocking mobiles.
Tom Rainsford, head of brand and propositions at the youth-oriented SIM card-only brand, said: 'Many think unlocking is illegal [even though] it isn't. We want people to use us to get the best deals.'
The 'Giffgaff Illegal Theatre' Facebook page streams videos on a split screen. On the left, a man with a cardboard box on his head gives a wry commentary on six 'bewildering' crimes shown on the right.
The brand also plans to launch an ‘Unlockapedia’ Wiki page next week, allowing users to help advise one another on the best ways to unlock their phones.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Comms Planning Director Aspire £45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum, London
- Global Account Director Aspire £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, London
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief
- Phones4u goes into administration