Giffgaff viral campaign urges mobile phone unlocking
By Ed Owen, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 19 April 2011 08:30AM
O2 pay-as-you-go subsidiary Giffgaff has launched a series of videos on its Facebook page aimed at debunking myths about unlocking mobiles.
Tom Rainsford, head of brand and propositions at the youth-oriented SIM card-only brand, said: 'Many think unlocking is illegal [even though] it isn't. We want people to use us to get the best deals.'
The 'Giffgaff Illegal Theatre' Facebook page streams videos on a split screen. On the left, a man with a cardboard box on his head gives a wry commentary on six 'bewildering' crimes shown on the right.
The brand also plans to launch an ‘Unlockapedia’ Wiki page next week, allowing users to help advise one another on the best ways to unlock their phones.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch