MediaCom appoints Tim Ainsworth as Sky account director
By Katherine Levy, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 20 April 2011 08:51AM
MediaCom has appointed Tim Ainsworth, a senior strategy director at Starcom MediaVest Group, to the role of Sky account director.
He takes over from Claire Ferguson, who has been promoted to managing partner, but who will continue to have a heavy involvement with the Sky business as part of her new role.
Ainsworth will lead MediaCom's Sky team across all disciplines, from brand and content, to direct response, investment and online strategy, to drive integration of both offline and online media.
He will report to Luke Bozeat, managing partner, planning.
MediaCom was appointed to handle BSkyB's £15m online account in August last year, effectively consolidating the business into the WPP-owned agency.
At SMG, Ainsworth was responsible for devising marketing communications and brand positioning for clients such as Samsung and AB InBev.
Ainsworth, who will also sit on the MediaCom board of directors, has been credited with helping secure new business wins at SMG such as RSA More Th>n and Autoglass.
Prior to Starcom MediaVest Group, he held marketing roles at Capital One Bank Europe and Alliance Boots.
Karen Blackett, chief executive of MediaCom UK, said: "Tim's arrival further boosts the senior team here at MediaCom.
"His experience is ideal for taking on the leadership of the Sky account and ensuring total integration of the business – a role that has utmost importance since the consolidation of the digital strategy and buying into MediaCom earlier this year.
"Ainsworth said: "This unique opportunity to collaborate with Sky at such a pivotal moment in the evolution of both businesses is hugely exciting".
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency