Agencies line up for Ladbrokes CRM brief
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 April 2011 08:00AM
Ladbrokes, the bookmaker, is holding a review of its digital and direct marketing activity and has contacted a number of agencies with a request for information as it looks to boost its below-the-line offering.
In the past, Ladbrokes has used a number of agencies to handle its digital and DM activity, including Archibald Ingall Stretton, Gyro International and Play London.
Its incumbent advertising shop, M&C Saatchi, has also created some below-the-line work for the brand.
Ladbrokes is thought to be looking for a retained agency to help it to step up its digital, social media and direct marketing communications, with a major emphasis being put on its use of data and CRM.
Ladbrokes, which has more than 2,500 shops in the UK, has faced increased pressure to its market share in recent years following the emergence of a number of online-only betting companies, such as Bet365 and Betfair.
A number of other bookmakers have also reviewed their marketing activity over the past year, including William Hill, which appointed Beattie McGuinness Bungay to its advertising account in January.
Last year the majority of Ladbrokes’ advertising activity focused on the World Cup. The bookmaker introduced the new slogan "Got the Feeling? Get to Ladbrokes", and rolled-out a £5 million TV and press campaign featuring ex-footballers Ian Wright and Chris Kamara.
Ladbrokes has also recently launched "Sports Bet", a new iPhone app that allows customers to bet safely from their mobile phones.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Graphic Designer Â– Product & Packaging Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Client Planner AF Selection £30,000 - £35,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Press Production Executive AF Selection £20,000 - £22,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Specialist - Client-Side Travel Brand - PPC / SEO Ultimate Asset £30000 - £50000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, City of London
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014