Sony readies tablet launch
Sony is launching two tablet devices that will run on Google's Android platform and will be integrated with its e-book, music and video content offerings, in the autumn.
The Sony Tablet range will initially include one model with a 9.4 inch display, codenamed the S1, and another called the S2, which has two 5.5 inch displays, one to watch video or check email and another to input commands or use as a soft keyboard.
The WiFi and 3G/4G-compatible tablets will link to Sony's streaming music and video store Qriocity, and its e-book offering Reader Store.
They will also work as remote controls for Sony AV devices, initially for the Bravia TV range.
Kunimasa Suzuki, deputy president of Sony's consumer products and services group, said: "Sony Tablet delivers an entertainment experience where users can enjoy cloud-based service on-the-go at any time. We're aiming to create a new lifestyle by integrating consumer hardware, including Sony Tablet with consumer and network."
Another company making its debut in the tablet market is Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer HTC.
The HTC Flyer runs Google Android and goes on sale in the UK on 9 May.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Media Planner/Buyer Stonor £35,000 - £40,000 plus bonus and benefits, Bedfordshire / Buckinghamshire / Hertfordshire
- Head of Marketing & Sales Nu Creative Talent negotiable, London
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Domino's Pizza launches TV ad for cheese and smokey bacon stuffed crust
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account