Vevo UK opens for business
Vevo, the online music video service launched in the US by Universal, Sony and the Abu Dhabi Media Company, in partnership with Google, was made available to UK consumers for the first time today.
Vevo is currently establishing its UK offices, expected to reach 25-30 staff including sales and content teams, with Jonathan Lewis, formerly head of digital media at Channel 5, understood to be joining as its first UK managing director.
A number of other key hires have also been made though details have not yet been revealed.
Vevo UK was pre-launched by David Kohl, Vevo's executive vice president, sales and customer operations, at an event in January staged at MediaCom’s Holborn headquarters.
Kohl and Vevo president and chief executive Rio Caraeff are currently in the UK to help launch the site.
Vevo was not available to comment this morning but speaking prior to the event in January Kohl said: "Vevo is all about being open, providing premium quality content that connects the artist with the fan. Wherever the consumer is we try to give them access to quality music videos and original programming.
"We're owned by the labels so we can offer brands direct access to those artists."
The site has already beed pitched to agencies via its YouTube channel, which soft-launched in October last year as a forerunner to the full service.
Such has been the popularity of Vevo's YouTube presence in the UK it already attracts 9.2 million unique users, according to ComScore figures for December 2010, making it the third highest ranking video site, with almost the same reach as ITV.com (3.9 million), Sky (2.8 million) and Channel 4 (2.8 million) combined.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Account Director / Senior Account Director - up to £60k, leading boutique advertising agency MODA consult £60k, plus benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Director / Group Account Director - up to £80k, leading boutique advertising agency MODA consult £75k - £80k, plus benefits, Central London
- Deputy Editor - International Content Agency - London Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Integrated Marketing Specialist- Leading Global B2B Business ADLIB up to £35k + benefits, Bath Avon
- Business Director Dynamic New Alliances £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, City of London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues