MediaCom appoints Kate Rowlinson as EMEA new business director
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 26 April 2011 12:00PM
MediaCom has appointed Carat's Kate Rowlinson as its first new business and marketing director for EMEA.
The newly created role was previously split between Karen Blackett, who in December became chief executive of MediaCom UK and Fraser Riddell, global chief business development officer.
Rowlinson joins from Carat UK, where she was UK marketing and new business director, a role she was promoted to in 2009, from head of strategy.
At Carat she worked across brands such as Diageo, Renault, COI and Santander. Prior to her tenure at Carat, she worked at PHD and MediaCom.
Rowlinson will be responsible for leading MediaCom's new business efforts across the region, working in collaboration with local market teams.
While Rowlinson will be working with the UK on pan-European projects, MediaCom will still have a dedicated UK new business and marketing director, a role currently held by Nigel Robinson.
Rowlinson will report to Nick Lawson, chief executive of MediaCom, EMEA, and Fraser Riddell.
Lawson said: "New business is the lifeblood of any media agency and in Kate we've recruited an extremely driven, talented and focused business builder.
As a network we are investing heavily in ensuring that the lessons we learn in every market are applied across the region and Kate will be the key conduit for this knowledge and skills transfer".
Rowlinson said: "Having started my career here, it is very exciting to be returning to MediaCom to take up this key role in their EMEA operations."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency