VW launches Super Bowl ad sensation 'Darth Vader' in UK
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 04 May 2011 09:30AM
Volkswagen is launching its popular Darth Vader Super Bowl ad in the UK today to promote its 2012 Passat.
The ad, created by Deutsch, which has become a YouTube sensation with 37 million hits, features a pint-sized Darth Vader trying to use the force to move various objects.
Having featured in a trial spot in Hyde Park last Friday on screens erected for spectators watching the Royal Wedding, the spot will air on TV screens today and run for six weeks. The ad has not been modified for a UK audience.
Volkswagen's UK communications manager, Danny Hill, said: "It's a charming ad with great music and has the universal appeal of Star Wars. It captures the imagination and ties in well with our message about the Passat's clever technology. It was such a success in the States that it seemed a shame not to share it with a wider UK audience."
Volkswagen’s Facebook page features an interview with the young boy in the ad and outtake clips from the 'making of' the advertisement.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of Business Development - Creative Agency Reuben Sinclair £40000 - £55000 per annum + bonus + benefits, London
- Account Manager The Beautiful Meme £25k to £30k, East London
- Group Head - Global Internet Giant Ultimate Asset £55000 - £70000 per annum + bonus and incredible benefits , London