VW launches Super Bowl ad sensation 'Darth Vader' in UK
Volkswagen is launching its popular Darth Vader Super Bowl ad in the UK today to promote its 2012 Passat.
The ad, created by Deutsch, which has become a YouTube sensation with 37 million hits, features a pint-sized Darth Vader trying to use the force to move various objects.
Having featured in a trial spot in Hyde Park last Friday on screens erected for spectators watching the Royal Wedding, the spot will air on TV screens today and run for six weeks. The ad has not been modified for a UK audience.
Volkswagen's UK communications manager, Danny Hill, said: "It's a charming ad with great music and has the universal appeal of Star Wars. It captures the imagination and ties in well with our message about the Passat's clever technology. It was such a success in the States that it seemed a shame not to share it with a wider UK audience."
Volkswagen’s Facebook page features an interview with the young boy in the ad and outtake clips from the 'making of' the advertisement.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager - Bristol - Full & Part Time Sanderson Recruitment £28305.00 - £34965.00 per annum, Bristol
- Group Account Director with Digital Creative Agency Gemini Search £70000 per annum + 10k bonus + benefits, City of London
- Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £18000 - £21000 per annum, South West London
- Senior Comms Planner - £30K - Sport's Broadcaster!! Ultimate Asset £26000 - £31000 per annum, London
- Account Director. Red Sofa London £48000 - £52000 per annum, London
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign