Nokia calls £90m review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 May 2011 08:00AM
Nokia is reviewing its global advertising arrangements.
The mobile phone giant has issued a global RFI to networks with agency sources suggesting Nokia wants ideas from agencies relating to its smart devices. Wieden & Kennedy currently handles the estimated £90 million account.
The move coincides with news that Nokia has appointed roster agency Fallon to its estimated £90 million global advertising account for its mobile phone range without a pitch.
Nokia recently created a new company structure with two distinct business units: smart devices and mobile phones and has split its advertising arrangements accordingly.
The RFI covers above-the-line, digital and retail advertising. It was sent from the company’s headquarters in Finland to above-the-line agencies and digital shops and submissions are requested by the end of this week. Nokia’s digital advertising is currently split between Isobar and R/GA.
Fallon’s appointment covers all markets Nokia operates in and the agency’s first work for the brand is expected to break later this year.
Fallon was first appointed to a place on Nokia’s roster in April last year when it won a global advertising brief for the brand after a pitch. It marked the first time Nokia had assigned a Nokia-branded advertising brief outside Wieden & Kennedy since it was handed the global creative account in July 2007.
Recent advertising for Nokia’s smart phones division includes a TV ad by Wieden & Kennedy London promoting the new N8 smart phone called "Blackpool’ featuring Gary Waite, a blind photographer, taking pictures in Blackpool using the phone.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Strategic Search Manager - PPC - LUXURY BRAND Ultimate Asset £25000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Internal Comms Business Partner - Technology Badenoch & Clark £60000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Senior Digital Executive Zebra People £32000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- COPYWRITER - GLOBAL COMPANY - NORTHAMPTON, UK - £25-26K Salt £25000 - £26000 per annum, Northamptonshire