VW injects destruction into pick-up campaign
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 May 2011 11:46AM
Volkswagen is rolling out an integrated campaign for the launch of its new Amarok pick-up vehicle, which goes on sale in the UK on Monday (9 May).
As part of the campaign, created by Iris, four Amarok vehicles were used to pull down a 67-metre steel chimney, weighing 140 tonnes, yesterday.
Footage from the stunt, which was devised to demonstrate the vehicle’s "intelligent use of power", will be used in forthcoming marketing activity.
The experiential activity will be followed by press, outdoor and online ads which roll out on Monday, featuring the strapline: "Knowledge is power".
The ads aim to drive consumers to the Amarok website, where they can learn more about the vehicle.
Volkswagen will also be seeding an online film of the demolition, which it hopes will be spread via social media.
Yesterday, Volkswagen launched its popular Darth Vader-themed Super Bowl ad, created by Deutsch, in the UK to promote its 2012 Passat.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Fantastic London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Great agency benefits , London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Head of Social - Top London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 70000, London
- Digital Director - Integrated Entertainment Marketing Agency - London - £50k - £60k - NP205 Stonor £50k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne