VW injects destruction into pick-up campaign
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 May 2011 11:46AM
Volkswagen is rolling out an integrated campaign for the launch of its new Amarok pick-up vehicle, which goes on sale in the UK on Monday (9 May).
As part of the campaign, created by Iris, four Amarok vehicles were used to pull down a 67-metre steel chimney, weighing 140 tonnes, yesterday.
Footage from the stunt, which was devised to demonstrate the vehicle’s "intelligent use of power", will be used in forthcoming marketing activity.
The experiential activity will be followed by press, outdoor and online ads which roll out on Monday, featuring the strapline: "Knowledge is power".
The ads aim to drive consumers to the Amarok website, where they can learn more about the vehicle.
Volkswagen will also be seeding an online film of the demolition, which it hopes will be spread via social media.
Yesterday, Volkswagen launched its popular Darth Vader-themed Super Bowl ad, created by Deutsch, in the UK to promote its 2012 Passat.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Executive Creative Director MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Senior Art Director MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , Europe / United Arab Emirates / United Kingdom / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Gre...
- Creative Team MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary , United Arab Emirates