VW injects destruction into pick-up campaign
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 May 2011 11:46AM
Volkswagen is rolling out an integrated campaign for the launch of its new Amarok pick-up vehicle, which goes on sale in the UK on Monday (9 May).
As part of the campaign, created by Iris, four Amarok vehicles were used to pull down a 67-metre steel chimney, weighing 140 tonnes, yesterday.
Footage from the stunt, which was devised to demonstrate the vehicle’s "intelligent use of power", will be used in forthcoming marketing activity.
The experiential activity will be followed by press, outdoor and online ads which roll out on Monday, featuring the strapline: "Knowledge is power".
The ads aim to drive consumers to the Amarok website, where they can learn more about the vehicle.
Volkswagen will also be seeding an online film of the demolition, which it hopes will be spread via social media.
Yesterday, Volkswagen launched its popular Darth Vader-themed Super Bowl ad, created by Deutsch, in the UK to promote its 2012 Passat.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency