Facebook to pay users to watch in-game advertising
By Sarah Shearman, brandrepublic.com, Friday, 06 May 2011 03:43PM
Facebook is to incentivise its users to watch sponsored videos embedded in games and apps on the platform by paying them in Facebook Credits, its virtual currency.
The social network has struck a deal with Sharethrough, the online video advertising platform, which will see branded videos appear in 350 games and apps on Facebook that users will be paid in credits to watch.
According to a report in Mashable, game publishers including Crowstar, Digital Chocolate and Zynga are participating. However Facebook was unable to confirm details of developers and brands using the incentive scheme.
Facebook is expanding the ways in which users can use Facebook Credits on the site.
Currently, credits can be bought in shops, including Tesco and Game, or with credit cards, and used as currency in social games and more recently to pay for film rentals. In the UK it costs £3.04 for 50 credits.
As of last week (26 April), users in five cities in the US are able to purchase local deals using its credits.
The Deals service, which is on trial in the US is expected to eventually roll out in the UK.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Mid-weight Designer with super cool boutique agency Dahling Ltd £28-35k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight or Senior Conceptual Creative Team Dahling Ltd £30-45k or £60-90k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Junior Conceptual Creative or a Junior Creative team- TOP BOUTIQUE CREATIVE AGENCY!!!! Dahling Ltd £20-25k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Project Manager - Client Side - Blue Chip - CRM, Data, Backend Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits +75% off travel , London
- CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (Brand Guardian, Marketing, Strategy) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Surrey