Gü launches first national TV ad
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 May 2011 08:45AM
Premium dessert brand Gü is launching its first national TV ad campaign as part of its biggest investment to date as it relaunches its range under one brand name, Gü Puds.
The relaunch will simplify the Gü brand by consolidating both its dessert brands - Gü Chocolate Puds and Frü Fruity Puds under one umbrella brand, Gü Puds.
Brand owner Noble Desserts Holdings is investing £2m in Gü's first TV campaign created by DDB UK. A 30-second and 10-second ad, which breaks today, will run until July.
Using the strapline, 'Give in to Gü', the ad features tempting everyday urges such as un-popped bubble wrap, an untucked clothes label and a hose next to a sunbather as well as a Gü pudding.
The campaign will also run across outdoor, press, digital, in-store and experiential activity. It will also coincide with the launch of a brand new product range, Singles.
The ad's creative director was Grant Parker, who worked alongside creatives Oli Rimoldi and Sigrid Egedal. Pulse Films was the production company and it was directed by thirtytwo.
Media is handled by John Ayling and Associates.
Joseph Liu, senior brand manager at Gü Puds, said: "We're now especially focused on ensuring our brand communicates in a compelling, relevant manner to consumers who haven't yet tried our products. This campaign marks the biggest ever marketing investment for the company."
He added: "The new positioning, packaging and TV advertising position Gü as a brand that continues to embrace extreme indulgence whilst being relevant to everyday dessert occasions.
"By identifying with consumers' everyday urges, we believe the new TV campaign will be both fun and compelling, accentuating the brand's bold personality and staying true to our vision for the future."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Conceptual Copywriter - Ambitious, Strategic Agency ADLIB DOE, Bristol
- Head of UK Marketing Communications Adam Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Manchester
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency