Gü launches first national TV ad
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 May 2011 08:45AM
Premium dessert brand Gü is launching its first national TV ad campaign as part of its biggest investment to date as it relaunches its range under one brand name, Gü Puds.
The relaunch will simplify the Gü brand by consolidating both its dessert brands - Gü Chocolate Puds and Frü Fruity Puds under one umbrella brand, Gü Puds.
Brand owner Noble Desserts Holdings is investing £2m in Gü's first TV campaign created by DDB UK. A 30-second and 10-second ad, which breaks today, will run until July.
Using the strapline, 'Give in to Gü', the ad features tempting everyday urges such as un-popped bubble wrap, an untucked clothes label and a hose next to a sunbather as well as a Gü pudding.
The campaign will also run across outdoor, press, digital, in-store and experiential activity. It will also coincide with the launch of a brand new product range, Singles.
The ad's creative director was Grant Parker, who worked alongside creatives Oli Rimoldi and Sigrid Egedal. Pulse Films was the production company and it was directed by thirtytwo.
Media is handled by John Ayling and Associates.
Joseph Liu, senior brand manager at Gü Puds, said: "We're now especially focused on ensuring our brand communicates in a compelling, relevant manner to consumers who haven't yet tried our products. This campaign marks the biggest ever marketing investment for the company."
He added: "The new positioning, packaging and TV advertising position Gü as a brand that continues to embrace extreme indulgence whilst being relevant to everyday dessert occasions.
"By identifying with consumers' everyday urges, we believe the new TV campaign will be both fun and compelling, accentuating the brand's bold personality and staying true to our vision for the future."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £36k - £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Data Planner / Strategist Direct Recruitment £60K- £70K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Direct Recruitment £45-50k plus bonus, Homeworking/flexible UK
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'