Gü launches first national TV ad
Premium dessert brand Gü is launching its first national TV ad campaign as part of its biggest investment to date as it relaunches its range under one brand name, Gü Puds.
The relaunch will simplify the Gü brand by consolidating both its dessert brands - Gü Chocolate Puds and Frü Fruity Puds under one umbrella brand, Gü Puds.
Brand owner Noble Desserts Holdings is investing £2m in Gü's first TV campaign created by DDB UK. A 30-second and 10-second ad, which breaks today, will run until July.
Using the strapline, 'Give in to Gü', the ad features tempting everyday urges such as un-popped bubble wrap, an untucked clothes label and a hose next to a sunbather as well as a Gü pudding.
The campaign will also run across outdoor, press, digital, in-store and experiential activity. It will also coincide with the launch of a brand new product range, Singles.
The ad's creative director was Grant Parker, who worked alongside creatives Oli Rimoldi and Sigrid Egedal. Pulse Films was the production company and it was directed by thirtytwo.
Media is handled by John Ayling and Associates.
Joseph Liu, senior brand manager at Gü Puds, said: "We're now especially focused on ensuring our brand communicates in a compelling, relevant manner to consumers who haven't yet tried our products. This campaign marks the biggest ever marketing investment for the company."
He added: "The new positioning, packaging and TV advertising position Gü as a brand that continues to embrace extreme indulgence whilst being relevant to everyday dessert occasions.
"By identifying with consumers' everyday urges, we believe the new TV campaign will be both fun and compelling, accentuating the brand's bold personality and staying true to our vision for the future."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director (Corporate Communications) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £80k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Corporate Reporting Consultant/IR Corporate Communications Recruitment £50-£80k plus bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Corporate Communications Recruitment £30-£40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham