St John Ambulance shocks with heart attack ads
St John Ambulance has brought out a shocking radio ad campaign to encourage listeners to learn first aid.
Two radio ads, created by BBH, feature voiceover artists recording an ad, before dramatically collapsing from a heart attack.
In one, a voiceover artist is recording an ad for a carpet company before falling to the floor, leaving his colleague rushing to him calling for help.
In the other ad, a voiceover asks viewers if they would know what to do if someone they were with had a heart attack.
It then directs listeners to the St John Ambulance website to get free first aid advice and a pocket guidebook.
Matt Doman and Ian Heartfield were the creative team behind the ad, alongside team director Paisley Wright.
Scott Jacobson, director of marketing, communications and fundraising at St John Ambulance, said: "Every year, up to 150,000 people die in situations where first aid could have been the difference. Listening to these adverts reminds people that emergencies can happen at any time, in any place. We hope they encourage people to equip themselves with free life-saving knowledge."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Director - Leading Retail Fashion Brand!! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - CHARITY CLIENT - INDEPENDENT MEDIA AGENCY! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + car or c/a, West Midlands
- Marketing Controller Ball & Hoolahan £85,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood