Chris Thomas named chairman of Proximity Worldwide
campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 May 2011 04:51PM
HONG KONG - Chris Thomas, chairman and CEO of BBDO Asia, has been named to the additional role of chairman of Proximity Worldwide, effective immediately.
Thomas will take over from Andrew Robertson, president and CEO of BBDO Worldwide, who has been filling this position.
The appointment reinforces the importance of Asia to both BBDO and Proximity’s future.
"Chris is uniquely qualified to do this," said Robertson. "He ran Proximity London, then moved to Asia where he built Proximity from the ground up. He knows what works and what doesn’t. And he’s got the energy and leadership chops to make things happen."
Thomas added, "BBDO and Proximity in Asia have great momentum and a strong management team – which allows me to devote energy and resources on this additional role. I look forward to both helping shape the future of Proximity Worldwide, as well as figuring out how to turn 24 hours a day into 25."
Thomas has been chairman and CEO of BBDO Asia since 2006. BBDO Proximity was named Media’s Creative Agency of the Year in 2008, another indication of Thomas' successful management in the region.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Nielsen Data & Sales Analyst Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£28K + Bonus + Excellent Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Designer- super cool agency Dahling Ltd £45-55k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Senior Brand Managers - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£65K-£70K + Generous Car Allowance + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Packaging Designer Premier Media £120 - £200 per day, City of London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Dave Trott at Ad Week Europe: Ads have become overcomplicated