Butlins and Mother split
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 11 May 2011 08:42AM
Mother has parted company with Butlins after just nine months, resulting in the leisure company temporarily taking its £5m advertising account in-house.
In a joint statement Mother and Butlins cited "cultural differences" as the reason behind the split.
The statement said: "Butlins and Mother have agreed that despite having created some very successful work together, we will be finishing our relationship on completion of the current project.
"This decision has been reached because of cultural differences that neither party wants to get in the way of our creativity and effectiveness. For the time being Butlins will be bringing the creative process in house."
Mother's first work for Butlins was released in January this year and starred a furry green dinosaur called Ludo the Dino.
The agency won the business in August last year after a pitch against the previous incumbent, Libertine, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, Publicis London and Iris.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £65 - £80K + benefits. , Central London
- Strategic Research Consultant Rare Selection £35 - £45K + 20% bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Strategist / Senior Brand Planner Rare Selection Up to £75K + benefits, including pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £48500 + non contributory pension + additional benefits, Surrey
- Senior Brand Strategist / Planning Director Rare Selection Up to £65000 + excellent benefits, including pension and bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts