Southern Comfort appoints Grape to lead digital strategy
By Sarah Shearman, brandrepublic.com, Wednesday, 11 May 2011 10:30AM
Southern Comfort, the Brown Forman-owned spirits brand, is ramping up its digital activity in a bid to appear "more relevant" to UK consumers.
The spirit brand has appointed Grape Digital to develop a digital strategy in the UK and create a digital campaign to roll out over the next 12 months.
Grape won the business after a competitive pitch against three other agencies, including Arnold, the incumbent on the account.
The digital activity will play on the brand’s 137-year-old heritage, while taking it in "a very different direction". It is also looking to use social media to connect with a UK-specific audience.
Joe Holt, creative director at Grape Digital, said; "We look for ward to creating some great work together, helping Southern Comfort regain its rightful position as a leader in the spirits market."
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%