Metro in pocket sized tie-up with Red Bull
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 11 May 2011 03:35PM
Associated Newspapers is to publish a pocket size edition of its morning freesheet Metro in association with energy drink Red Bull on Friday.
The bespoke A5 issue will include a summer events calendar featuring European and world music and arts festivals, club nights, sports and travel tips and will be published across 24 pages and include a four-page cover wrap advertising Red Bull's mini shots.
The print run will be 300,000 copies and will be distributed nationwide.
Grant Woodthorpe, executive director of sales and commercial development at Metro, said: "This pocket-size edition will provide the ultimate guide to summer, from boutique hotels and eating out to music festivals that are off the beaten track, as well as the must-have gadgets to keep you a few steps ahead this summer.
"It's a product we know our readers will utilise and one that we are very proud of and demonstrates the creativity of our advertising solutions."
In March, Associated appointed Linda Grant, its commercial development director, as the new managing director of Metro, replacing Steve Auckland, who had been promoted to managing director of its sister regional newspaper company Northcliffe Media.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Copywriter Dubai MCG Associates Salary tax free plus relocation costs plus private healthcare, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Advertising Sales Account Manager - Lifestyle Brand - Publisher Silverdrum £35,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Manager - Head - Corporate Marketing PSD Group Up to £80,000 + car allowance + package, London (Greater)