Metro in pocket sized tie-up with Red Bull
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 11 May 2011 03:35PM
Associated Newspapers is to publish a pocket size edition of its morning freesheet Metro in association with energy drink Red Bull on Friday.
The bespoke A5 issue will include a summer events calendar featuring European and world music and arts festivals, club nights, sports and travel tips and will be published across 24 pages and include a four-page cover wrap advertising Red Bull's mini shots.
The print run will be 300,000 copies and will be distributed nationwide.
Grant Woodthorpe, executive director of sales and commercial development at Metro, said: "This pocket-size edition will provide the ultimate guide to summer, from boutique hotels and eating out to music festivals that are off the beaten track, as well as the must-have gadgets to keep you a few steps ahead this summer.
"It's a product we know our readers will utilise and one that we are very proud of and demonstrates the creativity of our advertising solutions."
In March, Associated appointed Linda Grant, its commercial development director, as the new managing director of Metro, replacing Steve Auckland, who had been promoted to managing director of its sister regional newspaper company Northcliffe Media.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- New Business Development Manager - Creative Agency - £15k to £20k OTE £30k to £35k Stonor £15k to£20k with OTE £30k - £35k, Northants
- Digital Project Manager Guru Careers £28 - 35k (DOE), Based in Farringdon, Central London (EC1)
- EXPERIENTIAL Junior or Senior Account Managers x 4, Account Director and Producers - perm/freelance Judi Patton £23K-£45K or freelance rates, London - all areas
- Graphic Designer Guru Careers £20 - 30k (DOE), Based in West Drayton, Greater London (UB7)
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- We Built This City rises up the charts after Three ad