Ferrero calls £250 million pan-Euro media review
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 May 2011 08:00AM
Ferrero, the Italian chocolate company, is holding a review of its European media business worth an estimated £250 million.
The client has contacted roster networks ZenithOptimedia, MEC and Aegis Media in what is understood to be a bid to consolidate its media planning and buying across the region.
The review covers Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Turkey, and Greece. The UK, which is handled by MEC, is not included in the process.
Ferrero, which started life as a specialist chocolate manufacturer in Turin, now markets brands including Ferrero Rocher, Nutella hazelnut spread, Kinder Surprise and Tic Tac.
The company, whose competitors include Nestle and Cadbury, is still run by the Ferrero family that created it. Currently it is led by chief executive officer Giovanni Ferrero, grandson of the founder who made up the Nutella recipe in 1946.
In April Giovanni's brother, Pietro Ferrero, who was co-chief executive of the company, died aged 48 after collapsing from cycling in South Africa.
The best remembered Ferrero campaign "Ambassador’s party" was originally developed in Italy, with separate versions produced in other European countries.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- account director > GLOBAL DIGITAL SOCIAL AGENCY collectivo Salary confidential, London
- Web Shop Operations Process Lead (eCommerce) - Supermarket Chain Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Digital Account Director - Leading Agency! Ascent Solutions Up to £50,000 + excellent benefits package, London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager - Fast Growing Ladies Footwear Fashion Brand Recruitment Revolution £35,000, London (West), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager - Leading Agency! Ascent Solutions Up to £40,000 + Fantastic benefits!, Central London
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push