Ferrero calls £250 million pan-Euro media review
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 May 2011 08:00AM
Ferrero, the Italian chocolate company, is holding a review of its European media business worth an estimated £250 million.
The client has contacted roster networks ZenithOptimedia, MEC and Aegis Media in what is understood to be a bid to consolidate its media planning and buying across the region.
The review covers Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Turkey, and Greece. The UK, which is handled by MEC, is not included in the process.
Ferrero, which started life as a specialist chocolate manufacturer in Turin, now markets brands including Ferrero Rocher, Nutella hazelnut spread, Kinder Surprise and Tic Tac.
The company, whose competitors include Nestle and Cadbury, is still run by the Ferrero family that created it. Currently it is led by chief executive officer Giovanni Ferrero, grandson of the founder who made up the Nutella recipe in 1946.
In April Giovanni's brother, Pietro Ferrero, who was co-chief executive of the company, died aged 48 after collapsing from cycling in South Africa.
The best remembered Ferrero campaign "Ambassador’s party" was originally developed in Italy, with separate versions produced in other European countries.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £28000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, East London
- Email Marketing Assistant Stopgap £20000 per annum, City of London
- Head of Partnerships Maternity Cover 9-12 Months Fixed-Term Sport England £45,650, Bloomsbury, London
- Digital Manager (contract) Direct Recruitment £45-50k, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency