Ferrero calls £250 million pan-Euro media review
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 May 2011 08:00AM
Ferrero, the Italian chocolate company, is holding a review of its European media business worth an estimated £250 million.
The client has contacted roster networks ZenithOptimedia, MEC and Aegis Media in what is understood to be a bid to consolidate its media planning and buying across the region.
The review covers Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Turkey, and Greece. The UK, which is handled by MEC, is not included in the process.
Ferrero, which started life as a specialist chocolate manufacturer in Turin, now markets brands including Ferrero Rocher, Nutella hazelnut spread, Kinder Surprise and Tic Tac.
The company, whose competitors include Nestle and Cadbury, is still run by the Ferrero family that created it. Currently it is led by chief executive officer Giovanni Ferrero, grandson of the founder who made up the Nutella recipe in 1946.
In April Giovanni's brother, Pietro Ferrero, who was co-chief executive of the company, died aged 48 after collapsing from cycling in South Africa.
The best remembered Ferrero campaign "Ambassador’s party" was originally developed in Italy, with separate versions produced in other European countries.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Partnerships Executive - top UK food titles! Yummy! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + bonus, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Digital Marketing Exec (PPC/Paid Social/Display) - £27k-£28K - Salt £27000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Senior Sales Manager - Leading digital sales company! Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + Commission, City of London
- Sales Coordinator - Cutting edge, fun brand! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + bonus!, City of London
- Midweight Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Up to £30K, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign