Ids' Andrew McIntosh pops up at Sky Media
Sky Media, BSkyB's ad sales house, has appointed former Ids research director Andrew McIntosh to the new role of head of brand strategy.
McIntosh will work on Sky IQ, Sky’s database marketing joint venture with Experian, and Sky AdSmart, the targeted ad service offered through the online Sky Player, and expected to launch on TV sets next year.
McIntosh was responsible for communications strategy, trade marketing and insight at Virgin Media-owned ad sales house Ids before it closed at the end of 2010. He joined Ids' predecessor Flextech Television as ad sales research controller in 1997.
After beginning his career as an assistant TV buyer in the media department of Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO in 1989, where he rose to media intelligence manger, he moved to the creative communications team at PHD in the mid-1990s.
Jeremy Tester, director of brand strategy and communications, said: "Andrew will bring a valuable skillset to Sky Media, as propositions like Sky IQ and Sky AdSmart begin to shape and differentiate our brand. He has an enviable track record and we’re looking forward to him joining us."
McIntosh, who will start his new role on 1 June, said: "I am excited to be joining Sky Media at this time – it's a quality operation with ambitious leadership and ambitious plans. I also relish the prospect of working within Sky, a company I have long admired."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Motion Graphics Designer Bournemouth 20-30k Creative Recruitment £20 - £30 per annum + Benefits, Dorset
- Marketing Executive/New Business Assistant - Creative Agency Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £24000 - £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Customer Experience Manager - FMCG - West London Salt £50000 - £55000 per annum, London (West), London (Greater)
- Marketing Communication Executive Brand Recruitment £24000 - £27000 per annum, Suffolk
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers
- McDonald's marks 40 years with charity ad