Tourism Ireland hands £50 million global advertising account to Publicis
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 May 2011 03:55PM
Tourism Ireland has appointed Publicis UK to handle its £50 million global advertising account.
The agency won the business following a pitch against Bartle Bogle Hegarty, Saatchi & Saatchi and JWT London, which had been the incumbent on the account since 2005. Agency Insight handled the process.
Publicis will now be responsible for handling all of Tourism Ireland’s advertising activity in countries including the UK, US, France, Spain, Canada and Australia.
The agency will begin working with the tourist board in 2012, and will initially hold a four year contract with the option to extend annually for a further three years.
Tourism Ireland first kicked off a review of its global advertising business in October last year.
The organisation kicked off a pitch for its media planning and buying account at the same time, which is currently handled by Mindshare. A media agency has yet to be appointed.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Account Manager AF Selection £26,000 - £30,000, West Midlands
- Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £30k-£35k, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
- Creative Strategist (commercial) Ultimate Asset £45000 per annum + 40% bonus, London
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure