Tourism Ireland hands £50 million global advertising account to Publicis
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 May 2011 03:55PM
Tourism Ireland has appointed Publicis UK to handle its £50 million global advertising account.
The agency won the business following a pitch against Bartle Bogle Hegarty, Saatchi & Saatchi and JWT London, which had been the incumbent on the account since 2005. Agency Insight handled the process.
Publicis will now be responsible for handling all of Tourism Ireland’s advertising activity in countries including the UK, US, France, Spain, Canada and Australia.
The agency will begin working with the tourist board in 2012, and will initially hold a four year contract with the option to extend annually for a further three years.
Tourism Ireland first kicked off a review of its global advertising business in October last year.
The organisation kicked off a pitch for its media planning and buying account at the same time, which is currently handled by Mindshare. A media agency has yet to be appointed.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Web Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief