Stella Artois launches 60s inspired cinematic ad
Stella Artois has launched a 1960s-inspired ad that aims to be cool, sophisticated and funny.
The ad promotes the brand's premium 5% lager and is directed by Wes Anderson, the Hollywood auteur behind the film 'Fantastic Mr Fox', and Roman Coppola.
Created by Mother, the ad Le Apart-O-Matic, will launch with an extended 60-second version throughout May and June.
The ad features a soave man bringing back a beautiful brunette to his modern gadget-laden, retro cool apartment.
Upon finding herself alone in the living room, the woman starts to play with lots of switches on the coffee table, which sees her swallowed up by the sofa but also a pint of Stella Artois perfectly poured on the windowsill.
When the man re-enters the room he notices his companion's disappearance and despite her muffled cries from within the sofa, all he can spot is the chilled glass of Stella Artois sitting on the side. The ad ends with the strapline, 'She is a thing of beauty.'
The ad was edited by Stephen Perkins and the production company was Moxie Productions.
James Watson, marketing director of Stella Artois Western Europe, said: "Stella Artois is famed for its award-winning advertising, but we've raised the bar even higher with Le Apart-O-Matic.
"It characterises Stella Artois perfectly with its cool, sophisticated and witty storyline that we already know consumers love with over 150,000 having watched the video to date – probably with a chilled glass of Stella Artois in their hand."
Anderson has previously directed ads for AT&T and American Express.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Account Manager Source £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure