Iceland kicks off Stacey Solomon campaign
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 16 May 2011 08:50AM
Iceland has launched its latest TV campaign featuring new brand ambassador Stacey Solomon.
The ad campaign, created by Beta, started on Sunday featuring Solomon, the winner of last year’s 'I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here' and a former 'X Factor' contestant.
A series of nine adverts will run for four weeks, premiering with a 40-second spot during ITV gameshow 'The Cube' on Sunday.
The first ad is supported by eight 10-second product-specific ads, all featuring Solomon and some with her three year-old son Zachary.
The ad was shot in Esher, Surrey, by director and food stylist Martha Delap. It is intended to retain the message of great value food and highlight the quality of Iceland’s products.
Iceland Foods, executive director, Nick Canning said: "Working with Stacey and Zach was a delight. She’s a real Iceland Mum so the whole shoot was very natural and her warmth really comes across on screen."
Cockrell added: "Essentially, our brief was to get people to reappraise the Iceland brand and surprise them with the new Summer offering. Our job was made easier by working with Martha Delap, who not only gave the ads a beautiful look, but also struck up an immediate rapport with Stacey. As a result, the shoot was an absolute pleasure."
Graham Storey and Phil Cockrell were the creative directors with production by Another. Media was hancled by MediaCom North.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Spectrum 360 Recruitment £33k - £42k, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad