Nivea spends €1bn to promote 100 years of skincare
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 20 May 2011 09:28AM
Nivea is launching a €1bn campaign, its biggest to date, to promote 100 years as a skincare brand.
It broke across the UK, Australia, Austria, New Zealand, Poland, Switzerland and Italy this week and reaches the Middle East and Asia next week.
The campaign has been created by Mark Fiddes, Draftfcb executive creative director and Jonathan Harries, vice chairman and global chief creative officer. It carries the new strapline, '100 Years of Skincare for Life,’ marking the brand's return to its skincare heritage.
In the UK however the strapline is '100 Years of Feeling Closer', to build on the success of Nivea's 'Feel Closer' proposition.
The TV ads for all markets feature Nivea's iconic cream blue pots.
The creative team who led the campaign included: Luis Dias, Draftfcb Lisbon president; Mark Fiddes, executive creative director of the London agency; and Dagan Cohen, executive creative director in Amsterdam.
Fiddes said: "The campaign includes a single message working through all the channels with a unique visual language. We weren’t looking for models for the campaign but believable people from grandmothers, five year-old, young lovers and teenagers."
Activity will launch across TV, social media, retail activation, print and digital, and will continue the brand's collaboration with pop star Rihanna, who sings 'California King Bed' on the TV ad's soundtrack.
Markus Pinger, Beiersdorf board member, told Campaign there were no plans to appoint a brand ambassador but confirmed a "big push in the UK will target a new generation of Nivea users".
He said: "Not only is this our biggest campaign to date but also our biggest digital campaign with a big presence of Facebook. It's a reincarnation of an old message about skincare portrayed in a contemporary way."
Other campaigns featuring the key body care product lines – Visage, Body and Deodorant – will follow.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Modelling Manager Premier Media £30000 - £35000 per annum, East London
- CGI Artist Premier Media £25000 - £30000 per annum, East London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot