Coca-Cola ramps up sustainability credentials with global division
Coca-Cola has promoted its chief marketing officer for North America, Beatriz Perez, to the position of chief sustainability officer.
Perez will take up the role from 1 July and report directly to Alex Cummings, vice-president and chief administrative officer at Coke.
In her new role, she will be responsible for overseeing the creation of an integrated global strategy, managing all global partnerships and major sustainability projects, while setting "high-level goals and commitments".
Perez will head up a team to form the company’s newly created office of sustainability, which will integrate Coca-Cola’s current sustainability initiatives concerning water, climate protection, packaging, recycling and community.
The new division includes: John Reid, vice-president for corporate social responsibility; Charlotte Oades, global director for women's economic empowerment; Abby Rodgers, vice-president for sustainability strategy and communication; Jeff Seabright, vice-president for environment and water, and Lisa Manley, group director for corporate external affairs.
Perez joined the company in 1996 and has filled a number of high-profile marketing and sponsorship posts.
Muhtar Kent, chairman and chief executive officer, the Coca-Cola Company, said: "We have made significant progress with our sustainability initiatives, but our current approach needs focus and better integration to further accelerate our system sustainability agenda and meet our 2020 Vision goals."
Last month, Coca-Cola launched a 100% recyclable PlantBottle to coincide with Earth Month, distributed across its Dasani and Odwalla drinks brands in the US.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Creative Designer STI Group Salary will be commensurate with age and experience, Gillinghham
- Category Insight Manager, FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £33000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance, bonus, Manchester
- Senior Account Manager [Retail / Shopper] - Superb Agency - Central London - to £38k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £38k + great benefits, Off Oxford Street
- Marketing Campaign Manager Ninesharp £175 - £190 per day, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni