Coca-Cola ramps up sustainability credentials with global division
Coca-Cola has promoted its chief marketing officer for North America, Beatriz Perez, to the position of chief sustainability officer.
Perez will take up the role from 1 July and report directly to Alex Cummings, vice-president and chief administrative officer at Coke.
In her new role, she will be responsible for overseeing the creation of an integrated global strategy, managing all global partnerships and major sustainability projects, while setting "high-level goals and commitments".
Perez will head up a team to form the company’s newly created office of sustainability, which will integrate Coca-Cola’s current sustainability initiatives concerning water, climate protection, packaging, recycling and community.
The new division includes: John Reid, vice-president for corporate social responsibility; Charlotte Oades, global director for women's economic empowerment; Abby Rodgers, vice-president for sustainability strategy and communication; Jeff Seabright, vice-president for environment and water, and Lisa Manley, group director for corporate external affairs.
Perez joined the company in 1996 and has filled a number of high-profile marketing and sponsorship posts.
Muhtar Kent, chairman and chief executive officer, the Coca-Cola Company, said: "We have made significant progress with our sustainability initiatives, but our current approach needs focus and better integration to further accelerate our system sustainability agenda and meet our 2020 Vision goals."
Last month, Coca-Cola launched a 100% recyclable PlantBottle to coincide with Earth Month, distributed across its Dasani and Odwalla drinks brands in the US.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- International Marketing Manager Adam Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, Greater Manchester
- Internal Communications Consultant VMA Group £28- 33k, Yorkshire and the Humber
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up