Coca-Cola ramps up sustainability credentials with global division
Coca-Cola has promoted its chief marketing officer for North America, Beatriz Perez, to the position of chief sustainability officer.
Perez will take up the role from 1 July and report directly to Alex Cummings, vice-president and chief administrative officer at Coke.
In her new role, she will be responsible for overseeing the creation of an integrated global strategy, managing all global partnerships and major sustainability projects, while setting "high-level goals and commitments".
Perez will head up a team to form the company’s newly created office of sustainability, which will integrate Coca-Cola’s current sustainability initiatives concerning water, climate protection, packaging, recycling and community.
The new division includes: John Reid, vice-president for corporate social responsibility; Charlotte Oades, global director for women's economic empowerment; Abby Rodgers, vice-president for sustainability strategy and communication; Jeff Seabright, vice-president for environment and water, and Lisa Manley, group director for corporate external affairs.
Perez joined the company in 1996 and has filled a number of high-profile marketing and sponsorship posts.
Muhtar Kent, chairman and chief executive officer, the Coca-Cola Company, said: "We have made significant progress with our sustainability initiatives, but our current approach needs focus and better integration to further accelerate our system sustainability agenda and meet our 2020 Vision goals."
Last month, Coca-Cola launched a 100% recyclable PlantBottle to coincide with Earth Month, distributed across its Dasani and Odwalla drinks brands in the US.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Data Warehouse Manager - Digital Media Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum, West End
- Marketing Assistant/Executive Brand Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media