Foster's Aussie agony uncles return in two online ads
Heineken UK is releasing two more instalments of its Dan and Brad agony uncle ads for Foster's, which will run online.
Building on the success of Foster's 'Good Call' ad campaign, the brand is launching two new 15-second, video on-demand (VoD) ads by Adam & Eve, called "dictaphone" and "Chinese".
In "Chinese", a man rings the pair accidentally, to place an order for a Chinese takeaway, including a request for a cup of herbal tea.
After looking confusingly at one another, the pair tells the "pom" to ditch the tea and dial the right number for a "bloody good meal".
In "dictaphone", a prank caller claims he is thinking about shaping his eyebrows and asks whether he should pluck or wax them.
Brad and Dan share a puzzled look, and as he begins his second question, the quick-thinking duo place a dictaphone next to the telephone that plays the message "you are held in a queue", as they beat a hasty retreat.
The ads were directed by Tim Bullock, with Hungry Man as the production company.
The pre-roll ads will run on a number of digital sites including YouTube, and Channel 4, and a number of football sites.
Nic Casby, brand manager, Foster's at Heineken UK, said: "Previous Brad and Dan ads tested in the top 3% of all UK advertising and the campaign was voted into second place in YouTube's ad of the year.
"We are confident that the new 15-second VoD executions will help to cement Foster's position in the bright sunny world synonymous with the 'amber nectar' and maintain the unprecedented levels of consumer engagement that Foster’s is enjoying, throughout the summer."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire