Media Week Awards' co-chairs talk on camera about this year's event
By Jeremy King, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 24 May 2011 11:41AM
Media Week Awards' co-chairs Dominic Carter, News International trading director, and Lindsay Pattison, Maxus CEO, discuss the importance of the awards to the industry and being asked to lead the judging panels.
Carter and Pattison have taken on the roles of co-chairs for this year's revamped Media Week Awards. In an exclusive chat with Media Week they discuss their excitement for the approaching awards and the prospect of seeing the industry's evolution represented in the entries.
Pattison said: "It's a great event to meet up with and network with pretty much anyone you've ever worked with in media. For media people, the Media Week Awards is the one to win."
Carter added: "It's a privilege to be offered the opportunity to co-chair the Media Week judging panel. There is a lot of fantastic work that goes on in this industry and a lot of really bight people who do some really good work.
"To be judged as the Best Media Sales Team or the Best Media Agency is really quite an achievement."
The pair will be joined by additional judges selected from media owners, agencies and clients, at the Grosvenor House Hotel on Park Lane on Thursday 27 October.
Changes to this year's awards include:
- New definitions for media owners and agencies to enable the event to honour launch, relaunch and long-term work.
- Opening popular categories, Agency of the Year and Sales Team of the Year, to entry.
- Dividing Collaboration into large and small categories.
- Splitting the research sector into three different categories – Data Innovation, Econometrics and Research Insight – to reflect its increasing importance in the media process.
- Dividing the Rising Star award into three separate disciplines to recognise talent in agency, owner and entrepreneur roles.
- The addition of a new category, Media Creativity, to recognise creative thinking for business problems.
The deadline for entries to the awards is Thursday 9 June.
To find out more about the Media Week Awards 2011, click here.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Regional Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car or C/A + Benefits, South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, South East England