Media Week Awards' co-chairs talk on camera about this year's event
By Jeremy King, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 24 May 2011 11:41AM
Media Week Awards' co-chairs Dominic Carter, News International trading director, and Lindsay Pattison, Maxus CEO, discuss the importance of the awards to the industry and being asked to lead the judging panels.
Carter and Pattison have taken on the roles of co-chairs for this year's revamped Media Week Awards. In an exclusive chat with Media Week they discuss their excitement for the approaching awards and the prospect of seeing the industry's evolution represented in the entries.
Pattison said: "It's a great event to meet up with and network with pretty much anyone you've ever worked with in media. For media people, the Media Week Awards is the one to win."
Carter added: "It's a privilege to be offered the opportunity to co-chair the Media Week judging panel. There is a lot of fantastic work that goes on in this industry and a lot of really bight people who do some really good work.
"To be judged as the Best Media Sales Team or the Best Media Agency is really quite an achievement."
The pair will be joined by additional judges selected from media owners, agencies and clients, at the Grosvenor House Hotel on Park Lane on Thursday 27 October.
Changes to this year's awards include:
- New definitions for media owners and agencies to enable the event to honour launch, relaunch and long-term work.
- Opening popular categories, Agency of the Year and Sales Team of the Year, to entry.
- Dividing Collaboration into large and small categories.
- Splitting the research sector into three different categories – Data Innovation, Econometrics and Research Insight – to reflect its increasing importance in the media process.
- Dividing the Rising Star award into three separate disciplines to recognise talent in agency, owner and entrepreneur roles.
- The addition of a new category, Media Creativity, to recognise creative thinking for business problems.
The deadline for entries to the awards is Thursday 9 June.
To find out more about the Media Week Awards 2011, click here.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Media Week Awards reception pictures
- PHD and Global celebrate as Media Week Awards 2011 winners revealed
- Awards set to be biggest media event of the year
- Media Week Awards entry deadline is tomorrow
- Carter and Pattison to head Media Week Awards
- Media Week Awards revamped for 2011
- The Media Week Awards 2010: video of the night
- Digital Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k + great benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Superb Central London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Trading Sales Mnager, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + +20-30k bonus, London
- Agency digital trading desk Account Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- SEO Account Director Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + agency bens, London
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Proximity's Justin Vir joins Havas Worldwide London
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web