Audi reveals what it takes to win Le Mans in epic ad
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 25 May 2011 08:57AM
Audi, the German car manufacturer, will premiere a two-and-a-half-minute film during the Uefa Champions League final, highlighting the teamwork and stamina needed to win the Le Mans 24-hour race.
The film, entitled 'A day in the life of an Audi driver', was created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty and is fronted by two-time Le Mans winner, Allan McNish.
It will be shown immediately before the kick-off during ITV and Sky Sports' live coverage of Manchester United's clash with Barcelona on Saturday (28 May).
Sky 3D will broadcast a 3D version of the film, which will then be rolled out to cinemas nationwide.
It is the first time Audi has run a 3D ad and the first time it has used a spokesperson in its promotional campaigns.
McNish explains how Audi's exceptional planning, teamwork and the driver’s remarkable skill and physical prowess have helped it win the 24 Heures du Mans race nine times in the past 11 years.
At BBH, the creative directors for the campaign were Kev Stark and Nick Kidney. Stark handled art direction and Kidney wrote the ad, together with McNish. Illustrations were by Tim Marrs.
The film was directed by Chris Hemming and produced and post-produced by Passion Pictures. Sound was by Factory Studios.
The TV and cinema campaign comes ahead of this year's race on Saturday 11 June and will be supported by print activity, a special supplement in The Sunday Times and an app.
The film can also be watched on the Audi website and YouTube.
Media planning and buying was by MediaCom.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £47000 per annum, London
- International Accounts Director - exciting media owner Ultimate Asset £90000 - £110000 per annum + 40% bonus, West End
- Mid-weight Project Manager - Global Integrated Agency, up to £40K Story Recruitment up to 40K + great benefits and career progression, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure