Coke rolls out Dr Pepper digital game
Coca-Cola GB has created a digital game for its Dr Pepper brand, challenging teens to become president of the "Pepperhood".
The new game, created by digital agency Zone, is based around the brand's "What's the worst that could happen?" identity, and will be promoted on MTV throughout the summer.
Set in an American-style college, gamers have to take part an "initiation" quiz round to join a "secret society". This part of the competition will be promoted in a 40-second spot created by MTV.
Once they pass this stage, they will have to complete a further nine challenges over the summer to become president of the Pepperhood. The winner will appear on MTV in October to receive the title.
The game can be played on Facebook and on a dedicated Dr Pepper hub. Vizeum brokered the deal with MTV.
This is the first digital activity Coca-Cola GB has featured for its Dr Pepper brand since it came under fire in July last year for a controversial Dr Pepper social media campaign, which resulted in a 14-year-old girl's status update being hijacked and a reference to a pornographic movie being inserted in its place.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account