Coke rolls out Dr Pepper digital game
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 26 May 2011 08:57AM
Coca-Cola GB has created a digital game for its Dr Pepper brand, challenging teens to become president of the "Pepperhood".
The new game, created by digital agency Zone, is based around the brand's "What's the worst that could happen?" identity, and will be promoted on MTV throughout the summer.
Set in an American-style college, gamers have to take part an "initiation" quiz round to join a "secret society". This part of the competition will be promoted in a 40-second spot created by MTV.
Once they pass this stage, they will have to complete a further nine challenges over the summer to become president of the Pepperhood. The winner will appear on MTV in October to receive the title.
The game can be played on Facebook and on a dedicated Dr Pepper hub. Vizeum brokered the deal with MTV.
This is the first digital activity Coca-Cola GB has featured for its Dr Pepper brand since it came under fire in July last year for a controversial Dr Pepper social media campaign, which resulted in a 14-year-old girl's status update being hijacked and a reference to a pornographic movie being inserted in its place.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + car or c/a, West Midlands
- Marketing Controller Ball & Hoolahan £85,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood