Coke rolls out Dr Pepper digital game
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 26 May 2011 08:57AM
Coca-Cola GB has created a digital game for its Dr Pepper brand, challenging teens to become president of the "Pepperhood".
The new game, created by digital agency Zone, is based around the brand's "What's the worst that could happen?" identity, and will be promoted on MTV throughout the summer.
Set in an American-style college, gamers have to take part an "initiation" quiz round to join a "secret society". This part of the competition will be promoted in a 40-second spot created by MTV.
Once they pass this stage, they will have to complete a further nine challenges over the summer to become president of the Pepperhood. The winner will appear on MTV in October to receive the title.
The game can be played on Facebook and on a dedicated Dr Pepper hub. Vizeum brokered the deal with MTV.
This is the first digital activity Coca-Cola GB has featured for its Dr Pepper brand since it came under fire in July last year for a controversial Dr Pepper social media campaign, which resulted in a 14-year-old girl's status update being hijacked and a reference to a pornographic movie being inserted in its place.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show