Cheryl Cole axed from US X Factor
Cheryl Cole is understood to have been axed from the US version of 'The X Factor', clearing a path for the programme's presenter and Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger to take her place.
The Geordie pop import is thought to have "lacked chemistry" with fellow judge Paula Abdul, according to US reports. Her strong accent is also believed to have caused concerned for producers who suspected the American audience might not understand her.
Other reports suggest Cole is suffering with homesickness so it is by mutual consent she is leaving the show.
Cole is expected to be replaced as a judge by the programme's co-presenter and former Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger. Welsh presenter Steve Jones will present the programme on his own.
Cole was finally named as an 'X Factor' US judge earlier this month after months of speculation. She has only been filming the show for the past two weeks in Chicago and New York, alongside fellow judges Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell and record producer Antonio LA Reid.
The show is scheduled to air in the US in September. Whether Cole comes back to the UK to take up her position again on British 'X Factor' remains to be seen and some reports are suggesting she is angry at how the situation has been handled and wishes to sever all ties with the programme.
Cole's departure comes a week after UK judge Dannii Minogue revealed her contract with the show has not been renewed due to a clash of filming with 'Australia's Got Talent'.
An 'X Factor' spokesperson was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Market Insight Manager - Interim JV Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Leeds
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Magazine ABCs: a media agency viewpoint
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?