Sony looks to add agencies to new social media roster
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 May 2011 10:15AM
Sony UK has kicked off talks with agencies about its social media activity.
The electronics manufacturer has held meetings with a number of agencies as it looks to explore how it can use social media more effectively.
Conversations are said to revolve around Sony's consumer electronics division, which incorporates products such as TVs, cameras and camcorders, laptops, personal computers and portable audio equipment.
Sony is expected to compile a shortlist of agencies by the end of this month and then plans to appoint an unspecified number of shops to a new social media roster. The electronics giant is keen to place a greater focus on social media, as it looks to build closer relationships with consumers.
Sony UK currently uses a number of agencies to market its range of consumer electronic products. These include Crayon, which last year launched a World Cup-focused TV ad to raise awareness of a promotion that allowed consumers to trade in old products for a discount on a Sony item.
Sony's consumer entertainment division has recently experienced problems that led to the loss of its PlayStation Network for a month following an attack by hackers. Data from the network's 70 million customers was stolen and, earlier this month, Sony was forced to offer each UK PlayStation user two free games to atone for the error.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Group Account Director, Digital role, fashion and beauty brand, £80k MODA consult £80k + excellent benefits, Central London
- Head of Digital Marketing - Nottingham Trent University Stopgap £70000 - £79500 per annum + benefits, Nottingham
- Senior Research Executive - Boutique Research Agency NG Digital Marketing up to £35k, Central London
- Consumer Insight Manager - FMCG Company NG Digital Marketing £55 per annum + car, benefits, London
- Qualitative Research Manager - Boutique Agency NG Digital Marketing up to c £40k, Central London
- Chinese marketing company buys We Are Social
- ESI Media to handle London Live sales in-house
- DraftFCB acquires Inferno to run London
- Meerkats welcome baby in Christmas day Comparethemarket.com ad
- VCCP's Thornton credits Bailes with O2's Campaign of the Year success
- De Beers searches for digital agency