Thomson promises child-free holidays
Thomson Holidays, the TUI-owned travel operator, has launched a child-free holiday package aimed at couples.
The new holiday package, called Thomson Couples, is aimed at younger consumers who wish to spend time abroad in an entirely child-free environment.
Thomson has created the child-free offering in response to customer demand, following a customer survey that revealed that 79% of people had their holidays affected by other people’s children.
The survey, which questioned more than 1,300 adults in March, also found that 40% of adults said their own children affected the enjoyment of their own holiday.
Thomson aims to complement its Thomson Gold and Thomson Families resorts with the new child-free packages. Thomson Gold is aimed at the over-50s.
Luke Gaskins, head of product development at Thomson Holidays, said: "The launch of Thomson Couples is part of our ongoing commitment to designing different holiday experiences for different people.
"Family holidays remain incredibly important to Thomson. However, we cannot ignore the fact that there has been growing customer demand for adult-only resorts that provide parents with the chance to relax and rejuvenate."
"Just as our family resorts are focused on keeping children entertained, Couples is completely geared to adult relaxation and together time. At a Couples hotel, peace and quiet both come as standard. Early sales show that we are on to a winner."
The Thomson Couples packages are part of Thomson’s Premier Collection. Consumer benefits as part of the dedicated range include increased luggage allowance, priority transfers, day-before check-in and dedicated holiday advisers when overseas.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER / £35K + Benefits Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show