Alfa Romeo to be I Am Playr's car of choice
By Daniel Farey-Jones, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 27 May 2011 10:20AM
Alfa Romeo has signed up to feature in social game 'I Am Playr' as a sponsor of the fictional football club River Park, in a deal brokered by Maxus.
The deal places the brand into the storyline of the game, which places players in the shoes of a footballer on the River Park team.
Once players have scored five goals against Danny Deans, River Park team captain, they will be rewarded with an Alfa Romeo MiTo car in the game.
Players can personalise their vehicle using an in-game replica of Alfa Romeo's online car configurator and be delivered first-person, rich media filmed content of the car's collection.
The brand will also feature on dynamic ad sites within the hoardings around the football stadia. Later in the year there will be an additional interactive element that allows users to edit in-game Alfa-related footage.
Claudio Annicchiarico, head of digital for Alfa Romeo UK, said the MiTo "is aimed at a particularly media savvy audience, so social media gaming is a great way for us to reach out to them".
Lee Dixon, the former Arsenal and England full back and pundit, is contributing storyline ideas for the game after investing in the company behind it, We R Interactive.
Dixon was one of more than 20 new investors who put a collective $5m (£3.1m) into the company earlier this month alongside existing investors, who include Abbott Mead Vickers founder Peter Mead and ITV's managing director of commercial and online Fru Hazlitt.
Other brands that feature in the game are Nike, Ginsters and Red Bull.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Fantastic London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Great agency benefits , London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Head of Social - Top London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 70000, London
- Digital Director - Integrated Entertainment Marketing Agency - London - £50k - £60k - NP205 Stonor £50k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne