Quidco cashback check-in app to rival Facebook Deals
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 31 May 2011 09:25AM
Quidco, the cashback and voucher code website, has launched a free "Check-in for cash" app to rival Facebook's deals, which rewards users with cash and discounts when they check-in at participating stores and restaurants.
The free app allows users to check in to unlock exclusive offers at retailers including Flight Centre, Pizza Hut, Majestic Wine, Hotel Chocolat and Crabtree & Evelyn.
Users can redeem the discount by showing the retailer the deal code on the screen of their iPhone at the point of sale.
They can also receive a cash reward from Quidco when they check in at Halfords, T-Mobile, Gap and Debenhams, and New Look, at up to 25p each time.
In addition, users who have registered their card using the app will automatically receive cashback at certain stores when they make purchases in-store. These include a 4.5% cashback with purchases made at Cineworld, 2.25% cashback with purchases from Blockbuster, and 5.4% cashback from Austin Reed.
In January, Facebook rolled out its "Check-in Deals" service in the UK, which allows users to check-in to a bricks and mortar location to receive a discount. It launched with eight partners including Debenhams, Starbucks, Yo! Sushi and Argos.
Last week, Google provided details of its forthcoming "Offers" service, which allows users to check into a location to receive discounts, register to receive a daily deal to their inbox, and redeem deals from advertisers within search.
Quidco, which claims to have 1.2 million UK members, plans to roll the app out to Android phones in the near future.
It is about to make its first foray into TV advertising, with a multimillion-pound campaign, created by Addiction, which breaks in the next few weeks. Its main rival TopCashBack, which claims one million UK members, is also poised to roll out a TV campaign.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Director - Digital Agency - Oxfordshire - £45k - NP084 Stonor £45k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Account Manager - Partnership Marketing Stonor £24k - £32k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Sales Executive / Lead Generator Stonor Completely depends on level of experience - £25K - £45K, Berkshire / Hertfordshire / Amersham, Buckinghamshire / Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire / Watford, H...