MasterCard hires Paul Trueman for top UK marketing role
MasterCard has hired former LG marketer Paul Trueman to the role of head of marketing for the UK and Ireland.
Trueman replaces Gill Barr, who left the payments company last year to join The Co-operative. Trueman will take up his new position on 13 June, and report to MasterCard UK and Ireland president Hany Fam.
Interim lead UK marketer, Shaun Springer, head of brand, sponsorship and digital, UK and Ireland, at MasterCard, will report to Trueman.
Trueman, formerly group marketing director UK and Ireland for LG Electronics, left the Korean manufacturer along with head of brand Paul Meadows as part of a restructure earlier this month. He has also held marketing roles at Cadbury Schweppes and Mars.
MasterCard is in the process of developing its relationship with cardholders by offering exclusive deals and services, as part of its on-going 'Priceless' marketing campaign.
Fam said: "We're working with both our traditional customer financial institutions and new partners – such as retailers and telcos – to get closer to the consumer and make their lives easier.
"With his background, we're confident that Paul is perfectly placed to help us leverage our insights and innovations to create new marketing propositions to surprise and delight consumers."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Insight Data Analyst, client side Elizabeth Norman International £35000 - £45000 per annum, Cambridge