Vimto sends 'mixed up' fruit stars to LA
Vimto soft drink is rolling out a new TV ad featuring its "seriously mixed up" fruit characters attempting to impress girls in Los Angeles, as part of a £6.5m campaign.
"Lowrider," created by Driven, features the three fruit characters from previous Vimto ads driving around LA in a beaten-up car. They pull up to a set of traffic lights, next to three girls in a white convertible Mustang.
Russian Raspberry greets the girls with his familiar line, "Hello pretty ladies" before trying to impress them with their bouncing car.
The car bounces so high that the fruit are thrown together and explode into Vimto all over the girls. The strapline reads "seriously mixed up fruit".
The ad was directed by Frank Borin through Velvet Films, with visual effects and animation by The Mill in London. Media for the campaign was planned and bought by MEC Manchester. The ad will be supported by a Facebook campaign.
The ad goes live on Vimto's Facebook page today and premieres on TV on Friday.
Nick Brookes, managing partner at Driven, said: "'Seriously mixed up fruit' is a great example of how a big idea can permeate through every communication channel to dramatic effect. Vimto's brand value has increased by over 30% since the strategy was launched in 2009."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films