Vimto sends 'mixed up' fruit stars to LA
Vimto soft drink is rolling out a new TV ad featuring its "seriously mixed up" fruit characters attempting to impress girls in Los Angeles, as part of a £6.5m campaign.
"Lowrider," created by Driven, features the three fruit characters from previous Vimto ads driving around LA in a beaten-up car. They pull up to a set of traffic lights, next to three girls in a white convertible Mustang.
Russian Raspberry greets the girls with his familiar line, "Hello pretty ladies" before trying to impress them with their bouncing car.
The car bounces so high that the fruit are thrown together and explode into Vimto all over the girls. The strapline reads "seriously mixed up fruit".
The ad was directed by Frank Borin through Velvet Films, with visual effects and animation by The Mill in London. Media for the campaign was planned and bought by MEC Manchester. The ad will be supported by a Facebook campaign.
The ad goes live on Vimto's Facebook page today and premieres on TV on Friday.
Nick Brookes, managing partner at Driven, said: "'Seriously mixed up fruit' is a great example of how a big idea can permeate through every communication channel to dramatic effect. Vimto's brand value has increased by over 30% since the strategy was launched in 2009."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London