Audi rolls out Le Mans app to drive deeper engagement
Audi UK, the German car manufacturer, has launched a iPhone, iPad and Android app to support its presence at Le Mans 24 Hour endurance sports car race in a bid to bring fans closer to the action.
The app, created by the Somo mobile marketing agency, provides fans with information about each Audi Le Mans winning vehicle and uses augmented reality technology to enable fans to virtually drive them.
It also feature includes details about each racing team, journey planning information, specifications of Audi Le Mans cars and videos about the experience of driving in Le Mans from two-time winner Allan McNish.
Audi has been involved in the annual endurance race for the past 13 years and has won the event nine times.
Hugh Fletcher, national digital manager at Audi UK, said: "This app is both informative and engaging for Audi and Le Mans fans who are now able to interact with the Le Mans race in new, innovative and fun ways wherever they are."
Audi used the recent Uefa Champions League final to premiere a two-and-a-half-minute film, created by BBH, highlighting the teamwork and stamina needed to win Le Mans.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014