Audi rolls out Le Mans app to drive deeper engagement
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 06 June 2011 11:50AM
Audi UK, the German car manufacturer, has launched a iPhone, iPad and Android app to support its presence at Le Mans 24 Hour endurance sports car race in a bid to bring fans closer to the action.
The app, created by the Somo mobile marketing agency, provides fans with information about each Audi Le Mans winning vehicle and uses augmented reality technology to enable fans to virtually drive them.
It also feature includes details about each racing team, journey planning information, specifications of Audi Le Mans cars and videos about the experience of driving in Le Mans from two-time winner Allan McNish.
Audi has been involved in the annual endurance race for the past 13 years and has won the event nine times.
Hugh Fletcher, national digital manager at Audi UK, said: "This app is both informative and engaging for Audi and Le Mans fans who are now able to interact with the Le Mans race in new, innovative and fun ways wherever they are."
Audi used the recent Uefa Champions League final to premiere a two-and-a-half-minute film, created by BBH, highlighting the teamwork and stamina needed to win Le Mans.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Sports! Cross Platform Creative Solutions Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential & Bens, London
- Agency Account Director- Programmatic Video Platform Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- Account Manager EMEA - Ad-tech Company Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + bonus & benefits , London
- Senior PR Account MAnager - Digital AF Selection £30000 - £35000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Director Pitch Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile