Audi rolls out Le Mans app to drive deeper engagement
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 06 June 2011 11:50AM
Audi UK, the German car manufacturer, has launched a iPhone, iPad and Android app to support its presence at Le Mans 24 Hour endurance sports car race in a bid to bring fans closer to the action.
The app, created by the Somo mobile marketing agency, provides fans with information about each Audi Le Mans winning vehicle and uses augmented reality technology to enable fans to virtually drive them.
It also feature includes details about each racing team, journey planning information, specifications of Audi Le Mans cars and videos about the experience of driving in Le Mans from two-time winner Allan McNish.
Audi has been involved in the annual endurance race for the past 13 years and has won the event nine times.
Hugh Fletcher, national digital manager at Audi UK, said: "This app is both informative and engaging for Audi and Le Mans fans who are now able to interact with the Le Mans race in new, innovative and fun ways wherever they are."
Audi used the recent Uefa Champions League final to premiere a two-and-a-half-minute film, created by BBH, highlighting the teamwork and stamina needed to win Le Mans.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head Of Digital Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Marketing Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Dublin
- International Brand Marketing Manager - Sport Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Brawn and bread: Sly Stallone stars in Warburtons campaign
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Five traits that define a south of the river agency
- Schwarzenegger vs Stallone: Whose ad is better?
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas