Audi rolls out Le Mans app to drive deeper engagement
Audi UK, the German car manufacturer, has launched a iPhone, iPad and Android app to support its presence at Le Mans 24 Hour endurance sports car race in a bid to bring fans closer to the action.
The app, created by the Somo mobile marketing agency, provides fans with information about each Audi Le Mans winning vehicle and uses augmented reality technology to enable fans to virtually drive them.
It also feature includes details about each racing team, journey planning information, specifications of Audi Le Mans cars and videos about the experience of driving in Le Mans from two-time winner Allan McNish.
Audi has been involved in the annual endurance race for the past 13 years and has won the event nine times.
Hugh Fletcher, national digital manager at Audi UK, said: "This app is both informative and engaging for Audi and Le Mans fans who are now able to interact with the Le Mans race in new, innovative and fun ways wherever they are."
Audi used the recent Uefa Champions League final to premiere a two-and-a-half-minute film, created by BBH, highlighting the teamwork and stamina needed to win Le Mans.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - 12 month maternity cover contract AF Selection £24,000 - £30,000, Nottingham
- Web Analyst - 2 Positions. RS Components Market Rate., London, Corby or Oxford
- Assistant Brand Manager - FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £28000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, Croydon
- Digital Designer role in Berkshire - 25-35k Creative Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, Berkshire
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity