Yeo Valley rappers land 2011 Marketing Society Awards for Excellence Grand Prix
Yeo Valley Organic scooped the prestigious Grand Prix at the 2011 Marketing Society Awards for Excellence on Monday for its 'Live in harmony' campaign starring rapping farmers.
The activity, by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, was judged to have pushed the boundaries of marketing excellence by demonstrating insight, effectiveness and innovation. Yeo Valley used a high-profile slot during The X Factor to debut its ad and followed this up with a digital media campaign to build deeper engagement.
The TV component, a two-minute spot featuring four rapping farmers, caught the nation’s imagination, clocking up nearly 2m views on YouTube. In the three months following the campaign’s launch, Yeo Valley generated an incremental uplift in sales of more than £3.5m.
Another winner at the event, run in partnership with Marketing, was the youth homelessness charity Depaul UK, for its iHobo app, devised by Publicis London. The Tamagotchi-style iPhone app, which allows users to care for a fictional homeless man and donate to the charity, won the Leading Edge Thinking, Not-for-profit Marketing and Marketing on a Shoestring categories.
Craig Inglis, director of marketing for John Lewis, was named Marketer of the Year for ‘making a demonstrable diff-erence to the business’, while Rebecca Brock, marketing controller at Homebase, won Young Marketer of the Year.
For full details of the winners see below:
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Interim Senior Marketing Manager - Campaigns Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £60,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- International Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £55,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £43,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive, London (North), London (Greater)
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Pizza Hut launches Classic Crust with TV campaign
- Fold7 splits with Gocompare.com amid talk of Gio Compario's return
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas
- Ronseal claims to ditch 'does exactly what it says on the tin' strapline