VCCP Blue lands £7m Carling account
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 07 June 2011 08:55AM
VCCP Blue has won the £7m creative account for Carling after a final shoot-out against RKCR/Y&R.
The agency will work on a successor to the lager brand's 'You Know Who Your Mates Are' campaigns, which have been running since 2007 and were created by incumbent Beattie McGuinness Bungay.
VCCP Blue, VCCP's creative entrepreneurial offering, won the £3m account for another Molson Coors brand, Coors Light, from The Leith Agency in October last year.
The pitch involved BMB and Fallon at an earlier stage and the process was managed by ISBA.
Chris McDonough, marketing director at Molson Coors UK & Ireland, said: "The quality of work presented was outstanding and VCCP Blue offered an excellent proposition, which we believe can help us broaden Carling's appeal and consumer footprint, while maintaining its number-one status."
BMB retains the accounts for other Molson Coors brands, Cobra, Corona and Grolsch, having won the latter two in March.
Molson Coors' attempts to broaden the appeal of Carling have included hiring design agency Echo at the end of 2010.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing and Communications Manager Source £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Associate Planning Director Lipton Fleming £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive- Luxury Retail- to £24k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Digital Sales Manager MediaMigo Recruitment imited Up to £50k basic + comms + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Director Jarlett de Grouchy £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Great benefits, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch