VCCP Blue lands £7m Carling account
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 07 June 2011 08:55AM
VCCP Blue has won the £7m creative account for Carling after a final shoot-out against RKCR/Y&R.
The agency will work on a successor to the lager brand's 'You Know Who Your Mates Are' campaigns, which have been running since 2007 and were created by incumbent Beattie McGuinness Bungay.
VCCP Blue, VCCP's creative entrepreneurial offering, won the £3m account for another Molson Coors brand, Coors Light, from The Leith Agency in October last year.
The pitch involved BMB and Fallon at an earlier stage and the process was managed by ISBA.
Chris McDonough, marketing director at Molson Coors UK & Ireland, said: "The quality of work presented was outstanding and VCCP Blue offered an excellent proposition, which we believe can help us broaden Carling's appeal and consumer footprint, while maintaining its number-one status."
BMB retains the accounts for other Molson Coors brands, Cobra, Corona and Grolsch, having won the latter two in March.
Molson Coors' attempts to broaden the appeal of Carling have included hiring design agency Echo at the end of 2010.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Designer Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Designer - UI Designer Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Copywriter - Conceptual, Charity, Direct Marketing Agency ADLIB Upto £50k, Bristol
- Brand and Marketing Manager (national charity, FTC 9-12 months) ADLIB 25-28k, Bristol
- Senior UX Designer - Innovative Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £65000 per annum, Bristol
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers