VCCP Blue lands £7m Carling account
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 07 June 2011 08:55AM
VCCP Blue has won the £7m creative account for Carling after a final shoot-out against RKCR/Y&R.
The agency will work on a successor to the lager brand's 'You Know Who Your Mates Are' campaigns, which have been running since 2007 and were created by incumbent Beattie McGuinness Bungay.
VCCP Blue, VCCP's creative entrepreneurial offering, won the £3m account for another Molson Coors brand, Coors Light, from The Leith Agency in October last year.
The pitch involved BMB and Fallon at an earlier stage and the process was managed by ISBA.
Chris McDonough, marketing director at Molson Coors UK & Ireland, said: "The quality of work presented was outstanding and VCCP Blue offered an excellent proposition, which we believe can help us broaden Carling's appeal and consumer footprint, while maintaining its number-one status."
BMB retains the accounts for other Molson Coors brands, Cobra, Corona and Grolsch, having won the latter two in March.
Molson Coors' attempts to broaden the appeal of Carling have included hiring design agency Echo at the end of 2010.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Brand & Design Manager British Airways Competitive salary, London Heathrow Airport, Hounslow
- Head of Biddable Aspire £45000.00 - £65000.00 per annum, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - LUXURY BRANDS £60k Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Senior Planner, Integrated, £450 p/d Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £450 per day, London
- Digital Design Manager Freedom Digital £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood