EHS 4D chief Matt Atkinson lands marketing role at Tesco
EHS 4D group chief executive Matt Atkinson is leaving the agency to take up a global role as group marketing and digital officer at Tesco.
Atkinson will report to Tesco's deputy chief executive and global CMO Tim Mason, who runs the Fresh & Easy chain in the US. Atkinson has been involved with Tesco as a key agency partner for many years. He has recently been actively involved in the development and rollout of new initiatives for Clubcard in the UK.
His new role will focus on bringing new digital and brand management skills to further strengthen Tesco’s brand and international footprint.
Mason said: "I've worked with Matt for many years, and we are delighted to be able to strengthen our team with his addition.
"Matt brings a proven track record in digital, a deep knowledge of brands, as well as a sound understanding and our business and brand. This is a great moment for us as we look to fully integrate digital into all that we do, deepening and strengthening our management of the Tesco brand."
Atkinson will leave later this year and will be replaced by group marketing director Tash Whitmey.
Atkinson said: "Tash is quite simply a force to be reckoned with, she combines a purposeful charisma, with an ability to deliver what clients want.
"She is passionate and totally committed to clients, people and the business more so than anyone I have ever worked with."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Global Events Manager Brompton Bicycle Competitive, London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Director Brand Recruitment £45000 per annum, Cambridge
- SAM Twist Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Consultant - Award Winning PR Agency - Big Brands, Central London Capstone Hill Search £65,000 , W1G 0PW, London (Greater)
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool