Cashback site rolls out animated spot
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 08 June 2011 09:23AM
Quidco, the cashback site, has released a TV ad that features an animated "Quidco happy" family, as part of a three-month campaign intended to build the brand's profile beyond its "biggest shopping secret" positioning.
'How it works', created by Addiction Worldwide, breaks today (8 June) on Channel 4 and features the family getting cashback on goods purchased online via Quidco.
The 30-second spot features logos of various brands throughout the animation as the family makes savings, including Sainsbury's, ebookers.com, Dell, eBay and Vodafone.
The multimillion-pound campaign also includes print and radio ads. Quidco, which launched in 2005, claims to have 1.3 million UK members.
Last month Quidco rolled out a free 'Check-in for Cash' app to rival Facebook Deals, which rewards users with cash and discounts when they check in at participating stores and restaurants.
Its main rival in the sector, TopCashBack, is also poised to make its first foray into TV advertising in a bid to grow its user base beyond its one million UK members.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL PRODUCER - DIGITAL MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- OOH Field Sales Business Development Manager-£65k Uncapped OTE! Ultimate Asset £25000 - £65000 per annum + Includes uncapped commission, West End
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment £26000 - £30000 per annum, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands