Engine loses Groom to Ogilvy & Mather
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 June 2011 08:00AM
Engine Group's Jez Groom is leaving the company to join Ogilvy & Mather London as strategic integration director.
Groom will join O&M’s senior management team, and will aim to drive the effectiveness of the agency’s planning offering, as well as helping to build on the behavioural economics agenda that has been set by the Ogilvy Group vice-chairman Rory Sutherland.
He will work closely with Ogilvy Group's planning director Rachel Hatton and executive creative director Gerry Human, and will report in to the agency’s chief executive Hugh Baillie.
Groom has already worked with Baillie once before, during their time together at Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
At Engine, Groom helped launch Engine Strategy, an integrated planning unit that acts as a central hub for the group's agencies.
He is also the founder of Edwards Groom Saunders, the communications planning agency that was acquired by Engine in March 2009.
Groom's departure from Engine comes just two weeks after Alison Wright, another of the group's strategy directors, left the agency to go and run a bakery in Cambridge.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Media Planning Manager - Digital Marketing Agency ADLIB £27000 - £30000 per annum, Swindon
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad