Engine loses Groom to Ogilvy & Mather
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 June 2011 08:00AM
Engine Group's Jez Groom is leaving the company to join Ogilvy & Mather London as strategic integration director.
Groom will join O&M’s senior management team, and will aim to drive the effectiveness of the agency’s planning offering, as well as helping to build on the behavioural economics agenda that has been set by the Ogilvy Group vice-chairman Rory Sutherland.
He will work closely with Ogilvy Group's planning director Rachel Hatton and executive creative director Gerry Human, and will report in to the agency’s chief executive Hugh Baillie.
Groom has already worked with Baillie once before, during their time together at Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
At Engine, Groom helped launch Engine Strategy, an integrated planning unit that acts as a central hub for the group's agencies.
He is also the founder of Edwards Groom Saunders, the communications planning agency that was acquired by Engine in March 2009.
Groom's departure from Engine comes just two weeks after Alison Wright, another of the group's strategy directors, left the agency to go and run a bakery in Cambridge.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Mid Weight Copywriter Gemini Search £170 - £200 per day, London
- Account Manager - PistonHeads Haymarket Media Group Dependent on Experience, Teddington (City/Town), London (Greater)
- Senior DM Campaign Manager (9 month contract) Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £50,000, London