Engine loses Groom to Ogilvy & Mather
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 June 2011 08:00AM
Engine Group's Jez Groom is leaving the company to join Ogilvy & Mather London as strategic integration director.
Groom will join O&M’s senior management team, and will aim to drive the effectiveness of the agency’s planning offering, as well as helping to build on the behavioural economics agenda that has been set by the Ogilvy Group vice-chairman Rory Sutherland.
He will work closely with Ogilvy Group's planning director Rachel Hatton and executive creative director Gerry Human, and will report in to the agency’s chief executive Hugh Baillie.
Groom has already worked with Baillie once before, during their time together at Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
At Engine, Groom helped launch Engine Strategy, an integrated planning unit that acts as a central hub for the group's agencies.
He is also the founder of Edwards Groom Saunders, the communications planning agency that was acquired by Engine in March 2009.
Groom's departure from Engine comes just two weeks after Alison Wright, another of the group's strategy directors, left the agency to go and run a bakery in Cambridge.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Agency Account Manager - out of home media (OTE £55k) Ascent Solutions Up to £35,000 Basic, £55,000 OTE (uncapped) + 25 days holiday, pension & many other great benefits, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London ...
- Comms Planning Manager Ascent Solutions £55,000 + Great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (...
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns