Go Compare, Cadbury, Ford and Lynx join C4's ad hijack
Go Compare, Cadbury, Ford and Lynx are among the brands which have signed up for Channel 4's ad hijack with Jimmy Carr during the 'Channel 4 Comedy Gala' tomorrow night (10 June).
Last year Carr spoke about and interacted with the ads over a single break in the 'Channel 4 Comedy Gala'. This year the hijacked ads will be spread across the programme and Carr will be joined by fellow comedian Alan Carr.
The hijacks have been devised by production company Open Mike in conjunction with Channel 4 and brands including Cravendale, Costa Coffee, EA game 'The Sims', Foster's and 0800 Reverse.
Daren Benton, deputy head of strategic sales at Channel 4, said: "Channel 4 is leading the way in innovating in how the ad break is used. The comedy breaks follow on from a number of initiatives over the past two years which have included live ads and themed ad breaks.
"The use of comedy ads in a comedy event produces standout for advertisers, higher engagement with the ads in those breaks and a really great experience for viewers. This is a model which works for Channel 4 as a broadcaster, for the advertisers and for the viewers at home, a real triple whammy."
Agencies involved in the hijacks include ZenithOptimedia (for Costa Coffee and Pedigree), MediaVest (Foster's), Carat (Cravendale), MediaCom (EA), PHD (Cadbury), MEC (Go Compare) and Mindshare (Ford and Lynx).
'Channel 4's Comedy Gala' is in aid of Great Ormond St Hospital and includes performances from Dara O Briain, Jack Dee, Jack Whitehall, Jo Brand, John Bishop, Jon Richardson, Jonathan Ross, Kevin Bridges, Lee Evans and Mark Watson.
The show also includes a performance from the band N Dubz and recorded video messages from Lady Gaga, 'Glee' actor Matthew Morrison, Russell Brand and Miranda Hart.
The original ad break hijack received a gold award for innovation at the 2010 Media Week Awards.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of Insight | Full service integrated advertising agency Elizabeth Norman International £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - brand engagement & recruitment marketing Story Recruitment £38 - 45k dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-35K plus bonus, dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)