Former JWT MD Tom Vick joins headhunter
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 June 2011 11:55AM
Tom Vick, the former joint managing director of JWT, is to join the headhunting agency The Lighthouse Company as a partner to Kathleen Saxton, its founder.
Vick resigned from JWT in October last year without a job lined up, and has spent the intervening time with his family. He had held the role of joint managing director at JWT for nearly two years, leading the Nestlé and Debenhams business.
Vick has been appointed to The Lighthouse Company with the objective of growing the headhunter's reputation among creative, design and production agencies. The company specialises in board-level and executive leadership placement across the globe.
Before joining JWT, Vick was a director at Duckworth Finn Grubb Waters, which was bought by Freud Communications in May 2008, and the new-business director of Ogilvy & Mather.
Vick, who is currently the honorary secretary of the IPA, said: "It was going to take something special to tempt me back, and I've found that with The Lighthouse Company. It's a hungry and dynamic company with a refreshing point of view on leadership talent and talent management, and a passion for doing things differently."
Saxton said: "With Tom's depth of experience in the creative world, we now offer leaders from media CEOs to advertising ECDs the future face of representation."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Brand Recruitment £25000 per annum + bonus and benefits scheme, Norfolk
- #Digital #Designer Required | Permanent | West London | Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant