Former JWT MD Tom Vick joins headhunter
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 June 2011 11:55AM
Tom Vick, the former joint managing director of JWT, is to join the headhunting agency The Lighthouse Company as a partner to Kathleen Saxton, its founder.
Vick resigned from JWT in October last year without a job lined up, and has spent the intervening time with his family. He had held the role of joint managing director at JWT for nearly two years, leading the Nestlé and Debenhams business.
Vick has been appointed to The Lighthouse Company with the objective of growing the headhunter's reputation among creative, design and production agencies. The company specialises in board-level and executive leadership placement across the globe.
Before joining JWT, Vick was a director at Duckworth Finn Grubb Waters, which was bought by Freud Communications in May 2008, and the new-business director of Ogilvy & Mather.
Vick, who is currently the honorary secretary of the IPA, said: "It was going to take something special to tempt me back, and I've found that with The Lighthouse Company. It's a hungry and dynamic company with a refreshing point of view on leadership talent and talent management, and a passion for doing things differently."
Saxton said: "With Tom's depth of experience in the creative world, we now offer leaders from media CEOs to advertising ECDs the future face of representation."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Freelance Mid-weight Digital Producer Red Sofa London £200 - £250 per day, London
- Traffic Manager Red Sofa London £22000.00 - £25000.00 per annum, London
- CALLING ALL DIGITAL PROJECT MANAGERS Red Sofa London £25000 - £75000 per annum, London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood