Former JWT MD Tom Vick joins headhunter
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 June 2011 11:55AM
Tom Vick, the former joint managing director of JWT, is to join the headhunting agency The Lighthouse Company as a partner to Kathleen Saxton, its founder.
Vick resigned from JWT in October last year without a job lined up, and has spent the intervening time with his family. He had held the role of joint managing director at JWT for nearly two years, leading the Nestlé and Debenhams business.
Vick has been appointed to The Lighthouse Company with the objective of growing the headhunter's reputation among creative, design and production agencies. The company specialises in board-level and executive leadership placement across the globe.
Before joining JWT, Vick was a director at Duckworth Finn Grubb Waters, which was bought by Freud Communications in May 2008, and the new-business director of Ogilvy & Mather.
Vick, who is currently the honorary secretary of the IPA, said: "It was going to take something special to tempt me back, and I've found that with The Lighthouse Company. It's a hungry and dynamic company with a refreshing point of view on leadership talent and talent management, and a passion for doing things differently."
Saxton said: "With Tom's depth of experience in the creative world, we now offer leaders from media CEOs to advertising ECDs the future face of representation."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show