Waitrose shifts £25m ad account to BBH
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 10 June 2011 10:01AM
Waitrose has appointed Bartle Bogle Hegarty to handle its £25m advertising account, three months after beginning talks with the start-up agency Now.
Waitrose held talks with Now, founded by the former COI chief executive Mark Lund and Rapier's former creative partner John Townshend, in March.
The supermarket previously used MCBD, which recently merged with Dare, to handle its advertising but discussed proposals that the account team from MCBD would move across to Now to handle the business, avoiding conflict with Dare's Sainsbury's account. However, it has instead opted to appoint BBH, which had pitched for the business when it last reviewed in 2007.
During the Waitrose discussions, MCBD's former managing director Melissa Robertson joined Now as its managing director with a view to servicing the Waitrose account.
However, since then Jeremy Carr, who was the creative head at MCBD and worked on the Waitrose account, has joined JWT London.
Waitrose worked with MCBD for six years but started talks with Now after MCBD merged with Dare, which held the Sainsbury's digital account.
Rupert Thomas, the marketing director for Waitrose, said: "We're enormously grateful to MCBD for the creativity and energy they've brought to us as we've ramped up our marketing. We wish them all the very best for the future.
"We're looking forward to working with the team at BBH London. Together we'll build on the momentum and outstanding success of our current campaigns."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- User Experience Design Lead - Integrated Agency - £65K plus bens The Creative Recruiter Up to £65K + bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager Brand Recruitment salary dependent on experience, Leicester
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned