Waitrose shifts £25m ad account to BBH
Waitrose has appointed Bartle Bogle Hegarty to handle its £25m advertising account, three months after beginning talks with the start-up agency Now.
Waitrose held talks with Now, founded by the former COI chief executive Mark Lund and Rapier's former creative partner John Townshend, in March.
The supermarket previously used MCBD, which recently merged with Dare, to handle its advertising but discussed proposals that the account team from MCBD would move across to Now to handle the business, avoiding conflict with Dare's Sainsbury's account. However, it has instead opted to appoint BBH, which had pitched for the business when it last reviewed in 2007.
During the Waitrose discussions, MCBD's former managing director Melissa Robertson joined Now as its managing director with a view to servicing the Waitrose account.
However, since then Jeremy Carr, who was the creative head at MCBD and worked on the Waitrose account, has joined JWT London.
Waitrose worked with MCBD for six years but started talks with Now after MCBD merged with Dare, which held the Sainsbury's digital account.
Rupert Thomas, the marketing director for Waitrose, said: "We're enormously grateful to MCBD for the creativity and energy they've brought to us as we've ramped up our marketing. We wish them all the very best for the future.
"We're looking forward to working with the team at BBH London. Together we'll build on the momentum and outstanding success of our current campaigns."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- E-mail Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + benefits, Skelmersdale
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers