Investec pulls out of RFU
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 10 June 2011 11:00AM
Investec has ended its 12-year sponsorship deal with England's Rugby Football Union (RFU).
The specialist bank will sponsor its final match on 6 August, when England play Wales at Twickenham.
The match will be the 35th England fixture sponsored by Investec. It is unclear why the bank is pulling its sponsorship.
The RFU reacted by saying it had "been in discussions with a number of other parties in the market for a number of months about the future for the autumn international series at Twickenham. Conversations are in an advanced stage and we would anticipate confirming the outcome of those in the next couple of months".
Investec will still have a presence in rugby. It is the headline sponsor of New Zealand's SuperRugby competition and the TriNations tournament between Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
It is also a shirt sponsor of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- CRM and Business Data Analyst Ninesharp £32000 - £40000 per annum + Great Benefits, Slough
- Freelance Production Manager Network Career Consultants £200 - £250 per day, Hertfordshire
- Planner | World-famous media company Nu Creative Talent £45k + extensive benefits, London
- Creative Head (Retail) Dahling Ltd Up to £70,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PR and Communications Officer Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £28000 per annum, Huddersfield
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy