Investec pulls out of RFU
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 10 June 2011 11:00AM
Investec has ended its 12-year sponsorship deal with England's Rugby Football Union (RFU).
The specialist bank will sponsor its final match on 6 August, when England play Wales at Twickenham.
The match will be the 35th England fixture sponsored by Investec. It is unclear why the bank is pulling its sponsorship.
The RFU reacted by saying it had "been in discussions with a number of other parties in the market for a number of months about the future for the autumn international series at Twickenham. Conversations are in an advanced stage and we would anticipate confirming the outcome of those in the next couple of months".
Investec will still have a presence in rugby. It is the headline sponsor of New Zealand's SuperRugby competition and the TriNations tournament between Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
It is also a shirt sponsor of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Project Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £19000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Marketing & Comms Executive Major Players £28000 - £35000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Designer Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Designer - UI Designer Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Copywriter - Conceptual, Charity, Direct Marketing Agency ADLIB Upto £50k, Bristol
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers