Investec pulls out of RFU
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 10 June 2011 11:00AM
Investec has ended its 12-year sponsorship deal with England's Rugby Football Union (RFU).
The specialist bank will sponsor its final match on 6 August, when England play Wales at Twickenham.
The match will be the 35th England fixture sponsored by Investec. It is unclear why the bank is pulling its sponsorship.
The RFU reacted by saying it had "been in discussions with a number of other parties in the market for a number of months about the future for the autumn international series at Twickenham. Conversations are in an advanced stage and we would anticipate confirming the outcome of those in the next couple of months".
Investec will still have a presence in rugby. It is the headline sponsor of New Zealand's SuperRugby competition and the TriNations tournament between Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
It is also a shirt sponsor of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency