Investec pulls out of RFU
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 10 June 2011 11:00AM
Investec has ended its 12-year sponsorship deal with England's Rugby Football Union (RFU).
The specialist bank will sponsor its final match on 6 August, when England play Wales at Twickenham.
The match will be the 35th England fixture sponsored by Investec. It is unclear why the bank is pulling its sponsorship.
The RFU reacted by saying it had "been in discussions with a number of other parties in the market for a number of months about the future for the autumn international series at Twickenham. Conversations are in an advanced stage and we would anticipate confirming the outcome of those in the next couple of months".
Investec will still have a presence in rugby. It is the headline sponsor of New Zealand's SuperRugby competition and the TriNations tournament between Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
It is also a shirt sponsor of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £65 - £80K + benefits. , Central London
- Strategic Research Consultant Rare Selection £35 - £45K + 20% bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Strategist / Senior Brand Planner Rare Selection Up to £75K + benefits, including pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £48500 + non contributory pension + additional benefits, Surrey
- Senior Brand Strategist / Planning Director Rare Selection Up to £65000 + excellent benefits, including pension and bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts