Doritos releases game to boost sales of dips
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 13 June 2011 12:00PM
PepsiCo-owned Doritos is launching an online game that challenges consumers to flick virtual chips into a jar of dip.
The Dip Desperado game launches on 20 June and is available on Facebook and as an app.
The game will be supported by activity including TV, PR, and a digital campaign via Facebook, gaming sites and mobile phone. The above-the-line activity will be handled by AMV BBDO.
Players have the chance to win more than £770,000 worth of prizes, including a trip to Florida.
PepsiCo believes UK consumers are lagging behind their US counterparts in terms of their consumption of dips with their chips.
It claims half of Americans who buy Doritos also buy a dip, compared to one in 10 in the UK.
The promotion will run across Dorito's variants including Lightly Salted, Hint of Lime, Tangy Cheese, Fajita, Cool Original and Chilli Heat Wave.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Creative Strategist- £65k - Well known FMCG Brands Gemini Search £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show