Doritos releases game to boost sales of dips
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 13 June 2011 12:00PM
PepsiCo-owned Doritos is launching an online game that challenges consumers to flick virtual chips into a jar of dip.
The Dip Desperado game launches on 20 June and is available on Facebook and as an app.
The game will be supported by activity including TV, PR, and a digital campaign via Facebook, gaming sites and mobile phone. The above-the-line activity will be handled by AMV BBDO.
Players have the chance to win more than £770,000 worth of prizes, including a trip to Florida.
PepsiCo believes UK consumers are lagging behind their US counterparts in terms of their consumption of dips with their chips.
It claims half of Americans who buy Doritos also buy a dip, compared to one in 10 in the UK.
The promotion will run across Dorito's variants including Lightly Salted, Hint of Lime, Tangy Cheese, Fajita, Cool Original and Chilli Heat Wave.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Freelance Role, £300 a day. DRTV / TV ATL role MODA consult £300 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director / Group Account Director - Maternity Cover Integrated Role MODA consult £60k - £65k pro rata salary, Central London - Great Soho Location
- Senior Account Manager / Junior Account Director - Maternity Cover ATL / TV Role MODA consult £42k - £45k pro rata salary, Central London - Great Soho Location