Doritos releases game to boost sales of dips
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 13 June 2011 12:00PM
PepsiCo-owned Doritos is launching an online game that challenges consumers to flick virtual chips into a jar of dip.
The Dip Desperado game launches on 20 June and is available on Facebook and as an app.
The game will be supported by activity including TV, PR, and a digital campaign via Facebook, gaming sites and mobile phone. The above-the-line activity will be handled by AMV BBDO.
Players have the chance to win more than £770,000 worth of prizes, including a trip to Florida.
PepsiCo believes UK consumers are lagging behind their US counterparts in terms of their consumption of dips with their chips.
It claims half of Americans who buy Doritos also buy a dip, compared to one in 10 in the UK.
The promotion will run across Dorito's variants including Lightly Salted, Hint of Lime, Tangy Cheese, Fajita, Cool Original and Chilli Heat Wave.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Manager Stopgap £32000 - £42000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Email Marketing Executive Guru Careers Competitive (DOE), Based in London (EC3)
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Domino's Pizza launches TV ad for cheese and smokey bacon stuffed crust
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account