Doritos releases game to boost sales of dips
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 13 June 2011 12:00PM
PepsiCo-owned Doritos is launching an online game that challenges consumers to flick virtual chips into a jar of dip.
The Dip Desperado game launches on 20 June and is available on Facebook and as an app.
The game will be supported by activity including TV, PR, and a digital campaign via Facebook, gaming sites and mobile phone. The above-the-line activity will be handled by AMV BBDO.
Players have the chance to win more than £770,000 worth of prizes, including a trip to Florida.
PepsiCo believes UK consumers are lagging behind their US counterparts in terms of their consumption of dips with their chips.
It claims half of Americans who buy Doritos also buy a dip, compared to one in 10 in the UK.
The promotion will run across Dorito's variants including Lightly Salted, Hint of Lime, Tangy Cheese, Fajita, Cool Original and Chilli Heat Wave.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - South West Stopgap £39000 - £47000 per annum, South West England
- Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director Gemini Search £170 - £250 per day, City of London
- Senior Account Managers/Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity