Doritos releases game to boost sales of dips
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 13 June 2011 12:00PM
PepsiCo-owned Doritos is launching an online game that challenges consumers to flick virtual chips into a jar of dip.
The Dip Desperado game launches on 20 June and is available on Facebook and as an app.
The game will be supported by activity including TV, PR, and a digital campaign via Facebook, gaming sites and mobile phone. The above-the-line activity will be handled by AMV BBDO.
Players have the chance to win more than £770,000 worth of prizes, including a trip to Florida.
PepsiCo believes UK consumers are lagging behind their US counterparts in terms of their consumption of dips with their chips.
It claims half of Americans who buy Doritos also buy a dip, compared to one in 10 in the UK.
The promotion will run across Dorito's variants including Lightly Salted, Hint of Lime, Tangy Cheese, Fajita, Cool Original and Chilli Heat Wave.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Social Media Manager - FS Jarlett de Grouchy £37000 per annum + Fully Comprehensive Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SP Planner Stopgap £300 - £500 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager: News4Media News4Media Up to £35000 per annum PLUS uncapped monthly commission structure, London (Greater) / Southwark, London (Greater)
- Business Development/Account Manager - £30k Base (£60-70k OTE) - Online Education - London Digital Gurus £30000 Per Annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- BBC to end exclusive Red Bee Media production deal
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Happy birthday Mr Ad Server: the future of RTB