P&G joins roster of Paralympic sponsors
Procter & Gamble, the FMCG giant, has signed up to sponsor the London 2012 Paralympic Games, in addition to its official support of the Olympics.
The global company intends to use its portfolio of brands such as Pampers, Fairy and Pantene to promote the sponsorship.
Sophia Warner, a Paralympic athlete, has been named as one of the campaign ambassadors.
Irwin Lee, vice-president and managing director, P&G UK and Ireland, said: "The Paralympic Games is truly inspirational and P&G is delighted to support it for 2012.
"As the 'proud sponsor of mums,' we want to recognise and celebrate the dedication of Paralympic Mums who have helped to make their son or daughter’s dream a reality."
Lee said P&G will donate 90% of its Paralympic ticket allocation to the public.
P&G is also partnering with fellow Paralympic sponsor Sainsbury to create a "family festival" later this year, called Super Saturday, on Saturday 10 September.
The event, to be held on Clapham Common, London, will feature Paralympic athletes appearing with music acts to support and raise money for Paralympic sport. All money raised will go to the Paralympic Legacy Fund.
P&G is part of The Olympic Partners (Top) programme, which gives brands worldwide marketing rights to the winter and summer Olympic Games.
Other sponsors of the Paralympic Games include Adidas, BMW, BP, British Airways, BT, Coca-Cola, EDF, GE, Lloyds TSB, Omega, Samsung and Visa.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - London tfconnect global recruitment £33,000 - £35,000 plus £3,750 car allowance + 25% bonus, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, Aylesbury
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad