More tablet users pick up video habit
By Daniel Farey-Jones, brandrepublic.com, Monday, 13 June 2011 03:15PM
The popularity of watching TV or video clips on tablets has doubled over the past six months, according to research from KPMG.
The Media and Entertainment Barometer, conducted by YouGov, showed that 50% of tablet owners had used their gadget to watch video as of April.
This was up from a figure of 25% in the previous wave of the survey in September 2010.
Surfing the internet remained the most popular activity, up from 48% to 74%, ahead of reading emails, up from 41% to 66%.
The popularity of consuming media other than video also rose: reading newspapers from 16% to 25% and listening to radio from 15% to 24%.
The proportion of people saying they had used their tablet for social media rose from 28% to 50%.
The fourth wave of research was conducted in the first week of April and surveyed 2,103 consumers.
Ownership of tablets increased from 2% of the sample to 5%, while ownership of smartphones increased from 27% to 36%.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Design. #BANNERCAMPAIGNS #EMAILDESIGNS Creative Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- JUNIOR DIGITAL DESIGNER #ESHOTS #WEBDESIGN #SOCIALMEDIA Creative Recruitment £25000 per annum, London
- Junior Artworker #RETAIL #FASHION #CONSUMERGOODS #PACKAGING Creative Recruitment £23000 per annum, London