UKTV adds Really to Freeview platform
UKTV is to expand its lifestyle channel Really to the 19m households with Freeview.
The digital TV broadcaster will be backing the initiative with a seven-figure marketing campaign, and has appointed Red Bee Media to handle the creative.
The campaign is expected to encompass TV, radio, press and outdoor, as well as a heavy social-media and online presence.
It is understood that UKTV plans to invest a similar amount on marketing Really as it spent on the relaunch of UKTV Gold 2 as Dave in 2008, in a bid to achieve a similarly high profile.
Clare Laycock, interim director of lifestyle and channel head of Really and Home, said: ‘There is so much untapped potential with this channel and with a more prominent shop window to show off our wares, we’ll be looking to maximise Really’s potential.’
Really will continue to be available to Virgin Media and BSkyB customers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Affiliates Manager GoodEgg Digital £40k + Bonus & Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Affiliates Executive - Finance GoodEgg Digital £35k + Bonus & Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch