UKTV adds Really to Freeview platform
UKTV is to expand its lifestyle channel Really to the 19m households with Freeview.
The digital TV broadcaster will be backing the initiative with a seven-figure marketing campaign, and has appointed Red Bee Media to handle the creative.
The campaign is expected to encompass TV, radio, press and outdoor, as well as a heavy social-media and online presence.
It is understood that UKTV plans to invest a similar amount on marketing Really as it spent on the relaunch of UKTV Gold 2 as Dave in 2008, in a bid to achieve a similarly high profile.
Clare Laycock, interim director of lifestyle and channel head of Really and Home, said: ‘There is so much untapped potential with this channel and with a more prominent shop window to show off our wares, we’ll be looking to maximise Really’s potential.’
Really will continue to be available to Virgin Media and BSkyB customers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account executive, brand and communications agency, London Gabriele Skelton £22000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Flash Designer Source £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Major Players £25000 - £27000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Planner The Real Adventure Unlimited... £40-55,000 per annum + comprehensive benefits package, Bristol/Leeds
- CREATIVE STRATEGIST - COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers