Europcar combines Twitter and digital outdoor
Europcar, the car hire company, has kicked off outdoor activity to promote freeDeliver, its new hire car delivery and collection service, which it claims will "save an hour in your day".
Europcar is using the Twitter hashtag #myextrahour to ask people to describe what they will do with the hour they gain with freeDeliver.
The stream from #myextrahour will be shown on JCDecaux's D6 sites, its digital six-sheet format, and i, its new square-format site on West London's Cromwell Road.
The ads are also running without the Twitter stream on a range of other outdoor formats, including CBS Outdoor's LCD screens on the London Underground, JCDecaux's digital panels at London Heathrow, and traditional 48-sheets.
The two-week campaign was created by Ogilvy & Mather, with media planning and buying from Publicis Groupe media agency MediaVest. The digital outdoor campaign was managed by production company Grand Visual.
Jaimes Leggett, managing director of Ogilvy & Mather, said: "It's great to be able to leverage social media activity at a broadcast level. Bringing these Twitter feeds direct to the iconic i site and on D6's nationally is a great way to inform consumers about the benefits of freeDeliver, as they go about their normal day."
Ken McCall, managing director of Europcar, said: "This is a great way to get customers participating in the advert itself and keeps the content fresh, interesting and relevant."
The outdoor activity is part of a £2.5m campaign for the freeDeliver service, which kicked off with what Europcar claimed was its first-ever TV ad earlier this month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Manager (Publishing Partners) - Global Publishing House Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Incentive + Company Benefits Package,